phpNewsManager & phpWebMagazine Quoestions

Gregor / 2 decades ago (01 April 2003 08:43)

If you need help, have any question, bug reports and anything else about phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine goes here Happy

Post replies:

2 decades ago (01.05.2003 05:37)
Reply by: Aigeas
Please help. Can´t view my pictures on phpNewsMagazine, gallery.
But my photos upload successful
2 decades ago (05.05.2003 05:28)
Reply by: sliptronic
How do i change the language of the calander day´s please e-mail ne with the annwer mailto:[LINK]
2 decades ago (05.05.2003 09:20)
Reply by: Gregor
Aiges: check your db.inc.php for the url variable you setup for news picture
2 decades ago (05.05.2003 09:21)
magnush: try to delete your cookies and login again
2 decades ago (06.05.2003 06:30)
boboli: all paths and needed config variable are stored in file called db.inc.php which should be in newman folder
2 decades ago (08.05.2003 02:18)
Reply by: Boidy
Hi, seen a few people ask this but not found an answer.. How you you assign users to the different group levels?

Boidy
2 decades ago (10.05.2003 10:09)
Reply by: lalosteal2300
:sb how do u get more IViroment
2 decades ago (11.05.2003 09:42)
Reply by: SmackDaddy
I have read all of the above, but am still having problems.

The phpnewsmanager script is installed in a folder called "newman"
The phpnewsmagazine is installed in a folder called "news"

When I try and go to [LINK] I get the following errors:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mydomain/public_html/news/newman_lib.php on line 504

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mydomain/public_html/news/newman_lib.php on line 548

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ´WHERE root=´0´´ at line 1

My server is on PHP 4.3.1: [LINK]

Also, when editing the rssMan.php file, I can change the number of news items and the bottom two things, but it will not let me change where it says: "RSS Title:"

I would like to include news on an existing page on a website I run and want to do this as easily as possible. The "instructions" don´t seem to really tell me how to do this and I am not familiar with .rss files.........what are those for and how do I use them to include news?
2 decades ago (13.05.2003 12:00)
Reply by: rmarton
I installed News Manager and the older version of webmag and all seemed to work OK. Then I installed the newer version and I´m getting mysql errors. Do other tables need to be created?
2 decades ago (13.05.2003 10:24)
Reply by: salsero
Problem: after uploading pictures, pictures load into newsman folder, but not in manager folder. So manager is not showing picture.
I´ve checked the db.inc.file but everything seems to b fine,there´s no path pointing to manager directory. I think i have the same problem as Boboli.
What must i do to solve this?
2 decades ago (14.05.2003 03:18)
Reply by: Klint
I need help

I tried to install phpNewsManager on ´/localhost/newman/install.php´ , I enter in a username and password, and click submit and it just refreshes and clears the form.
2 decades ago (14.05.2003 07:03)
Reply by: gagman
Can someone give me information about db.inc.php (after installation its empty)

if i go to the index.php the following error follows

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/virtual/laklakfm.de/htdocs/news/functions.php on line 27

thanks for Help
2 decades ago (14.05.2003 10:26)
gagman: did you set permission to 666 (Read+Write) for file db.inc.php and run install.php ?
which should setup all needed variables in db.inc.php
2 decades ago (21.05.2003 12:36)
Reply by: melons
Hi, I have downloaded your software to try it out for a new site of mine. I successfully installed everything to the server and managed your instructions fairly easily. There were no errors with table set-up etc.

When I got to you instructions for :

How to use example frontend:

1.) edit newman_lib.php where appear:

$admin_email = "[email protected]" rel=nofollow target=_blank>[LINK]";
include "../newman/db.inc.php";

I found that there was NO lib.php file either on my server or in the original zip file i downloaded from this site.

When trying to access the phpnewsmanager from my domain, I can get into the administration functions using the admin user name and password, but anyone else trying to get in cannot do so as it asks for a username and password and stays on that page without letting them register? Is this because the lib.php file is missing? I managed to CHMOD all the file settings as per the previous set of instructions.

Also......your instructions for installation say I have to copy folder skin and viewer.php3 into my folder and edit certain lines in them...but where do I copy these files from??? they were not in the original zip file and where, when I find these files, do I copy them to?

Any help would be most welcome ....

Cheers

Melons *winking atcha*

2 decades ago (22.05.2003 05:42)
Reply by: arun
I installed phpNewsManager successfully, but when I accessed the database using phpMyAdmin there were no tables found in the database.

Can the url of my site [LINK] (the way I have it right now) or does have to be [LINK]

I am getting the following errors:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/eindia/public_html/newman_lib.php on line 504

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/eindia/public_html/newman_lib.php on line 548

Both lines 504 and 548 have the following: if(mysql_num_rows($res)>0)

Aslo under the stories section, it says:

No Database Selected

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks.

Sad