phpNewsManager & phpWebMagazine Quoestions

Gregor / 2 decades ago (01 April 2003 08:43)

If you need help, have any question, bug reports and anything else about phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine goes here Happy

Post replies:

2 decades ago (23.04.2004 04:44)
Reply by: HigHVoltag3
Blank Search Errors!!

I keep getting the following errors everytime I do a Blank Search.

Warning: ereg_replace(): REG_EMPTY in /home/ideartte/public_html/frontera/newman_lib.php on line 745

Warning: ereg_replace(): REG_EMPTY in /home/ideartte/public_html/frontera/newman_lib.php on line 746

Warning: ereg_replace(): REG_EMPTY in /home/ideartte/public_html/frontera/newman_lib.php on line 747
2 decades ago (23.04.2004 09:06)
Reply by: HigHVoltag3
THE NEWMAN_LIB.PHP ERROR I MENTIONED ABOVE WAS CAUSED BEACUSE OF A PHP VERSION 4.3.3 BUG THERES A FIX ON THE NET WITH A LINE YOU PUT ON THE .HTACCESS FILE THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM...

tHE BLACK SEARCH ERROR WELL IM WORKING IN A MOD THAT WILL AVOID MAKING BLANK SEARCHES ONES I HAVE IT READY I´LL PUBLISH THE INFO HERE.

BYE GOT TO GO!!! Running
2 decades ago (23.04.2004 11:13)
Reply by: gg
I am still having problems with the NEWS.RSS file. The actual file gets generated but it is always empty - that is, it has zero bytes! Can anyone tell me how to get the rss file to work.

Thanks

graham
2 decades ago (24.04.2004 01:13)
I am still having problems with the NEWS.RSS file. The actual file gets generated but it is always empty - that is, it has zero bytes! Can anyone tell me how to get the rss file to work.

Thanks

graham
1 decade ago (11.05.2004 12:42)
Reply by: spader
Has anyone managed to get the RSS file to work? I´m going to look into it more tomorrow and I have emailed the developer to find out if this is a feature supported only for registered users or not.
Seems like one of the scripts isnt getting called or isnt working properly. I´ll need to check the code and see what I can figure out, if anything at all
1 decade ago (13.05.2004 10:11)
Spader, how did you go with the RSS file. Can you work it out?

I´m about ready to give up on this software. I´ve tried and tried to get support for it and no-one answers. Basically, i need to the get the RSS feed to work and I cannot afford the time to go digging through all the scripts.

It is a shame as it seems to get a great piece of software but the support is severly lacking.
1 decade ago (04.06.2004 12:55)
Reply by: polaris
Uh. After few minutes try to figure out what´s wrong with RSS I found error in function.php, function MakeRSS. This IF statement is wrong:

if(!$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w") && file_exists($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]"))
1 decade ago (04.06.2004 02:22)
Uh. This script has several bugs. Like that with RSS and also user can post comments if they didn´t login in. It took me some time, but I found problems and fix it.
Hope that there will be new version with this fixes.
:x
1 decade ago (04.06.2004 02:32)
If anyone knows for some other bug, report it here and I´ll try to check it.
Regards.
1 decade ago (05.06.2004 04:01)
Well, I´ve got feeling that I´m talking with myself but what the hell :-)

Fixed the problem with search engine. When you click on Search and search field is empty you´ve got several errors (EREG_REPLACE, etc.).
Now you got Alert windows which tells you that you must enter something in the search field.
Grin:

Regards.
1 decade ago (06.06.2004 06:39)
Ok, new bug is fixed.
If you have breaking news which doesn´t have story, all other news will be shown in the MORE ABOUT IT section. This is fixed now.

Regards.
1 decade ago (07.06.2004 08:41)
Yaik! New bug found. In Latest News (scroll text on the left side of the page) shoud show last eight (8) news from database but it doesn´t. All news are shown at random selection. Problem is in function ShowScrollNews where variable $type shoud be set to zero (0). Or in index.php when you call function ShowScrollNews you can set last variable to zero (0).

Regards.
1 decade ago (07.06.2004 09:00)
Reply by: Doreen
/me just pops in for no reason so you don´t feel as if you´re talking to yourself... hehe =)
1 decade ago (08.06.2004 09:59)
Heh Happy Thanks.
Well, I´m trying to debug this scripts (phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine) but it has so many bugs (phpWebMagazine especially) that I thought several times to quit. Maybe this days I will. Just found one huge bug in phpWebMagazine where whole functions are missing... :sad: :sad:
1 decade ago (08.06.2004 11:40)
Whell, bug was with Polls and JavaScript functions that are missing. I´ve just comment this lines in newman_lib.php and now it´s working fine without errors Happy