We need your ideas and/or suggestions!

Scarebear / 2 decades ago (06 January 2003 11:19)

We are playing with the idea of taking Skinbase to the next level. Skinbase v3. But before we get really ´into´ it, we´d like to hear what the active Skinbase members would like to see in the next version of Skinbase. Any ideas at all. We will try to put together the best site we can using the best ideas (workable) provided by you.

This will probably be a radical change in site design as well, so go wild Happy

If you find it best to sketch design ideas etc, please don´t upload them. Just email them to an admin. Preferably gRAVE as he´ll be coding the site of course Wink

Let the suggestions flow!

Post replies:

2 decades ago (07.01.2003 06:27)
Reply by: bugzlitey
I´m also thinking a wider layout would be better...maybe it will even reduce the amount of scrolling...and keep the stats...and allow for more awards, maybe based on the top 10 appz so that it´s not as biased as it always is (ie icons, winamp, the shell that snowman ports stuff to) Wink ...maybe even have skin of the day,week and month...
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 07:30)
Reply by: Snowman
/me leads bugz in the direction of:
[LINK] monthly skin

/me directions bugz´s attention to the skin shown at the top of the frontpage: Daily Skin
Wink

Btw what "shell" are you referring to, that I should port to?! The only shell I use is good ol´ Exploder! Grin
But I guess you´re thinking of Hoverdesk... -> Shell enhancer Grin Wink LOL :moon
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 09:52)
Reply by: Scarebear
[LINK] - You can upload a larger picture here bugz. Feel free to make yourself a Skinbase ID type image there Happy
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 10:18)
Reply by: Travelian
I was thinking a box for "updated mods" would be kinda cool...that way people could see if a mod they use has been updated, and so people wouldn´t have to re-upload stuff just to get the word out.
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 10:32)
Reply by: bugzlitey
I know that the skin of the day and month exist....I was saying maybe a skin of the week could be added...
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 01:30)
Reply by: Elwin
One thing I´d like is the ability to keep the chat window open while still being able to view full screen previews.

And naked women...
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 01:38)
Reply by: plastic
/me seconds Koa´s motion on a single, non-catagorized msgboard. If it ever gets at a stage there´s posted in more than 5 threads a day, I´m gonna be out of touch...
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 01:48)
Reply by: plastic
Hrm, I could ofcourse have more latest threads displayed, I see... still. On layout, skinbase always struck me with displaying a huge amount of options from frontpage. While the options are good, display suffers, I always have to look closely before clicking. Dunno, hide some stuff in menu´s (there also must be faster menu options then currently for skin sections ?...), merge some things, maybe delete some (top 10 categories, who´s online ?).
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 02:55)
Reply by: BruB
I like the who´s online personnaly, this way I know if I should post or not. Let´s say JamesT is on the site, there will surely be a flood of icons, this way i´ll wait to post

(jus jokin´ mr T)
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 06:31)
LOL - I like that BruB Happy

We do have a skin of the week. We just don´t publish them the right way. Sad

When you vote for the Monthly skin, you are selecting the winner from the weekly winners. Daily Skins get a bronze medal. Weekly get Silver and the Monthly winner gets the gold. So if you see any Silver medals, they were a weekly winner Happy
2 decades ago (08.01.2003 09:12)
Reply by: PK
Maybe you can rip the virtualplastic emnu style gRAVE, that works great Happy
2 decades ago (09.01.2003 10:27)
/pk: is being :evil

Grin
2 decades ago (09.01.2003 10:52)
Reply by: integer
I agree with the single category message board idea. looking forward to seeing the results of this Happy
2 decades ago (09.01.2003 10:56)
Reply by: Snowman
I WANT THE SPUTNIK SITE SKIN!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
2 decades ago (10.01.2003 10:24)
Reply by: PK
I dont think anyone uses the sputnik skin, so I think the sputnik skin should be left out of v3 ;-)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9