We need your ideas and/or suggestions!

Scarebear / 2 decades ago (06 January 2003 11:19)

We are playing with the idea of taking Skinbase to the next level. Skinbase v3. But before we get really ´into´ it, we´d like to hear what the active Skinbase members would like to see in the next version of Skinbase. Any ideas at all. We will try to put together the best site we can using the best ideas (workable) provided by you.

This will probably be a radical change in site design as well, so go wild Happy

If you find it best to sketch design ideas etc, please don´t upload them. Just email them to an admin. Preferably gRAVE as he´ll be coding the site of course Wink

Let the suggestions flow!

Post replies:

1 decade ago (05.10.2006 11:06)
Reply by:
Thanks for taking the time to write Toby! A w a r d
1 decade ago (05.10.2006 11:44)
Reply by:
Toby, I joined this site for the fun, and it has exceeded my expectations. I´ve met quite a few nice people here. Perhaps I am too driven by principles.

I did not think of that - I would imagine that all the time zones involved here would complicate things a bit. I did write to serge and adni18, and received no response. But thats OK - you more than made up for it with your detailed response.

take care and THANK YOU again.

Fred N.
1 decade ago (06.10.2006 11:11)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
Tax does less crucial work round here, so sometimes hes got more time like we all should have. I dont even know art from own experiences so Sally and Serge do most mod work. And the admins do a LOT of completely different stuff. Sometimes I keep them from other stuff with my own internal matters.

Serge works in several blocks. On another site of ours, he administrates. Like Sally, unlike me he also is an active artist. In the morning he works free in his coffee breaks guess where - as FRENCH GOVERNMENT ADMIN of a BIG network. So he cant always message from work.

At night he comes home sometimes at nine oclock- his poor wife! And does more effective internal work in 2 hrs. than I could learn in some years.

Some other days if its not about speaking french or greek they might wait on unmarried almost unemployed TAXI to get out of bed and german thinking to test a harmless skin app he happens to mess with but instead :taxi sleeping off a weekend or German reunion party Wink

You might like this team thing one day, who knows. Meanwhile Nikos - in his breaks from being a dentist - designs most images and smilies for pages, contests, stays in touch with other big cheeses outside SB AND SKINS stuff like wbs in a week I would need 3 months for if I learned it all. Sally and Mary sleep in shifts and are in pm contact with artists not just at BH, not just SB.

Might be cleaning up a database on a moviesite or filtering dated stuff with new guidelines BEFORE a new site gets revamped and reannounced. Its unbelievable but fun. Mostly. Would I ever want to spend the time Greg does with scripting? Not even qualified.

Beginners often need more help which isnt always fair but normal. Thanks for everyones understanding Fun
1 decade ago (06.10.2006 08:25)
Reply by:
Well, one more time Toby - your responses show me that you care and like waht you do. Thanks for educating me a bit in the behind the scenes stuff. Nikos is a dentist? Too bad he wasn´t in my neck of the woods - I could use a new dentist!!

Fred N
1 decade ago (07.10.2006 12:49)
Reply by: adni18

Sorry Fred, I never got any email or PM from you... that´s why I never answered you... sensitive
1 decade ago (09.10.2006 11:45)
Reply by:
Thats OK.... not a big deal. Thanks for stopping by here. Congratulation Serge received his, he wrote back. Probably a glitch of some sort on my end.
1 decade ago (09.10.2006 11:54)
Reply by:
An FYI - I remember another time when I wrote you some time ago and received no response, either. So, maybe its on my end. I have no idea.
1 decade ago (10.10.2006 12:45)
Reply by: MountainHawk
A deer with no legs and eyes is still no eye deer! lol lol lol lol lol
1 decade ago (10.10.2006 02:46)
Reply by:
That is true Iain!!! lol
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9