We need your ideas and/or suggestions!

Scarebear / 2 decades ago (06 January 2003 11:19)

We are playing with the idea of taking Skinbase to the next level. Skinbase v3. But before we get really ´into´ it, we´d like to hear what the active Skinbase members would like to see in the next version of Skinbase. Any ideas at all. We will try to put together the best site we can using the best ideas (workable) provided by you.

This will probably be a radical change in site design as well, so go wild Happy

If you find it best to sketch design ideas etc, please don´t upload them. Just email them to an admin. Preferably gRAVE as he´ll be coding the site of course Wink

Let the suggestions flow!

Post replies:

2 decades ago (07.01.2003 10:09)
Reply by: PK
Cool :-)

Suggestions.. well you asked the same question on IRC.. popup tags!
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 11:24)
Reply by: chichigirl46
Lot´s of good ideas flowing here, except for one drunker LOL

Extreme panic here...... scarebear says > And I think v3 will end up with us removing all current site designs (CLUE!) OH NO NO NO, not the skinbase default, NO PLEASE keep it, it does not have to be a Default, but don´t get rid of it..... It´s the only one I use ALL the time :-( :-( :-(

LOL @ /Elwin: /me slaps /Elwin: on the back of the head and says, you know better then those demands, come up with something cool, and that´s ok koasati, I guess I´m blind toooooo LOL It would be nice to have them a little more bigger :-) consider you senior citizens LOL

Please, Please with my B I G mouth I need a FABULOUS chat box, one that´s groovy and ´convenient" to use, one with all the smileys on the chatterbox, like a slide out window with smileys instead of a pop-up or changing the page to get a smiley :-) I´m not asking for it to be decorated in leopard skin or flowers :-)

Is it possible for the site to have an automatic adjustment in different "resolution" so one does not have to use the SLIDE bar on every page, or the option in the profile to change the site resolution or the site skin have a setting to change a resolution to fit one´s taste.......
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:08)
Maybe a box in the left or right (or whereever it will fir in the new sitedesign..) that shows your personnal information -> new Personnal messages, new comments on your profile / skins, "alerts" that you can set etc..
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:14)
Reply by: Snowman
hehe.... seems like everyone is gettings the best features/ideas from other sites Wink Wink

What about the Skinbase newsletter?! We do agree/disagree to recieve one when signing up.... maybe we need to do some work on that thingy again!
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:21)
What news letter, I never ever ever received one, almost three years now :-)
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:27)
well ive only received one..... and that was when Skinbase was "renamed" from Klevze.net -> Skinbase.org..... ages ago Happy
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:30)
Well if you ever get another one slip it throught the vent on the locker so I can read it :-)
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:31)
LOL
Sure will Wink
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:45)
Reply by: Gregor
woohaaa.... a lot of good sugestions so far Happy
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 12:47)
Reply by: Gregor
and more of them are welcome
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 01:09)
Reply by: bugzlitey
Hmmm...I too like the personal pages at deviant and I´d like to design my own here...I also like the concept behind thier Id cards perhaps we could have a personal image of our own to display that´s larger than our personal Icon....I like AU´s multiple personal icon functions...it would be nice to have more than one readily available for a rainy day...As always I think the skin navigation could be worked on and simplified...and I think multiple uploads of a same design should be placed in a group and counted as 1 skin with x amount of variations to give others a chance to see their name on the top of the monthly uploads chart...because it´s always dominated by the same person every month and it´s aways nothing more than 10 thousand coppies of 1 design...I think the recent upload thumbnails should be an option for the main page so that I could see it when ever I log on...
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 01:57)
hehe @ bugzlitey.

It would be nice to have a "Suite" section. Where you can upload one main picture (a suite logo maybe) and then, when you click on that a new page will open with all the skins for that suite. Maybe that page can have its own skin (just as the personnal profiles on artuproar)

I dont think any of the other sites has that (but since i never browse devart and deskmod im not sure...)
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 02:10)
Reply by: Koasati
We now have the option to use the old style skins sections menu or the new menu. It would be nice if the old style menu actually worked, once I left the Edit Profile page. Grin
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 02:14)
Reply by: Koasati
And........ I personally would love to see the catagorized MessgaeBoard done away with.
2 decades ago (07.01.2003 03:16)
Reply by: Chickie
Personal icons & new skin layouts. Grin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9