Stealing fom SkinBase

Aaron-Nora / 1 decade ago (22 June 2006 08:13)

A member of SkinBase http://www.skinbase.org/profile.php?uname=Media-Play.org is taking skins from here to make his/her own site. http://www.media-play.org/download/index.php?subcat=72&ENGINEsessID=e41b5279a597bdf7f855bbb8e54ea7fe As I didn't give him/her permission to post my skins in his/her site, I assume the rest of skinners also didn't, so if you visit the site you'll probably find some of your work there.
This behavior rest visits to SkinBase so I think the management ought to consider it a robbery.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (22.06.2006 08:56)
Reply by: MountainHawk
Have you asked them to remove it Aaron? Cool
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 10:21)
Reply by: Aaron-Nora
Of course I did, but that is not the important. I´ve seen skins from artist like Jamaunzie, Butch123, Pinchecl, navigatsio.... If the artist have not uploaded the skins by themselves, it is a robbery. No other name. And if Media-paly.org is making money with a site full of skins from SkinBase, that money belongs to Greg and SkinBase. That´s my opinion, but I would like to know yours, SkinBasers and specially yours Greg.
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 10:34)
Settle down Aaron....I understand your anger. I am on your side. I have visited the site and seen it for myself. I have also sent a PM to the individual and pointed out the correct ettiquette. I have also suggested that any work there on the site not authorised by the original artist should be removed. Have you contacted Butch and the others concerned. What have you done yourself thus far? Cool Cool Cool Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Coffee
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 01:44)
Reply by: mickeblue
That is pretty outrageous... I can understand Aaron being pissed off. What a nerve the guy has got!
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 02:15)
Reply by: Butch123
HI all...first I´d like to thank Aron for posting this. I checked out the website and find they are using some of my work. But when I checked the links they go directly to my work. Now there are quite a few site that do host other peoples work but I must agree that this is being done improperly. any of the other sties that host my work, first off, asks for my authorization in a PM. Trying to be open minded about this, maybe the person (he/she) doesnt know that they should as fior authorization but hopefully this will be cleared up. A PM is not very hard to type....
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 02:33)
Reply by: sed
Im not there, But theres more than of ---------´s and more than one of ---------´s. I am sure it got over there somehow with permission..... If not, Hmmmmm :what
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 03:02)
Reply by: nadgerry
he didn´t steal from me.. OhWell
but there are certainly alot of images I´ve seen here before
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 03:15)
Reply by: Big_philly
I´m sure I wouldn´t appreciate my work being taken and published by someone without at least giving me credit.
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 03:42)
Reply by: Jamaunzie
Well I see alot of my work on this site I did not give permission to be there I am Flattered that he likes my work but some of the stuff I do is for Skinbase only plus it does P____ me off he didnt ask see what can be done about it :o
1 decade ago (22.06.2006 05:33)
Reply by: kchristine
Hi Guys! Thanks for the heads up. The following is the e-mail I sent along with a pm.

Several members of Skinbase.org are upset that you have taken their work and placed it on your website without their permission. As you may not be aware, this is in violation of copyright laws. I would suggest that sooner rather than later, you contact these members asking their permission to use their work or remove it from your site.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sally (kchristine)
Skinbase Moderator

I also have notified gRAVE. Let me know if he contacts any of you.
1 decade ago (23.06.2006 04:50)
Reply by:
Paparazzi germans Running
1 decade ago (23.06.2006 06:22)
Reply by: kchristine
I have to confess that I didn´t realize how much ripping actually went on. I knew it existed but not to the extent that it is. Too naive I was. And I have learned when my brain is telling me that something isn´t right with an image, to check immediately. So, to the members of SB my apologies for not being dilligant enough with a serious, evergrowing problem. Booming love
1 decade ago (23.06.2006 08:15)
Simple fact is that anyone using anyone elses skins or components thereof or using images without original artists permission is guilty of copyright infringement. Stock photos are there to use for a reason. There is no need to cut and paste someone elses livelyhood into your desktop to elevate your own standing. Those of us who have been around the traps long enough know copyright infringement when we see it. If you use others works be sure to include permission for doing so and grant the original creator a few lines of gratitude in your descriptions. It is simple courtesy to ask and to pay tribute. Congratulation Cool Wink
1 decade ago (23.06.2006 09:32)
Hahahahahaha!...lecrayon.....just saw your comment! At least I didn´t have a mouthful of coffee! We need a roll on the floor laughing emoticon,,, lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
1 decade ago (23.06.2006 01:00)
Just keeping everyone up with the play here. Take a mosey over to [LINK] and look at what is on the front page. Look familiar. Media-play.org posted a log-on screen here with the exact same image but simply mirrored. It is an image copyrighted to Chowdy,WallpaperWorld.net and Jessica-Alba.com. Congratulation Cool Wink
1 2 3 4 5