Stealing fom SkinBase

Aaron-Nora / 1 decade ago (22 June 2006 08:13)

A member of SkinBase http://www.skinbase.org/profile.php?uname=Media-Play.org is taking skins from here to make his/her own site. http://www.media-play.org/download/index.php?subcat=72&ENGINEsessID=e41b5279a597bdf7f855bbb8e54ea7fe As I didn't give him/her permission to post my skins in his/her site, I assume the rest of skinners also didn't, so if you visit the site you'll probably find some of your work there.
This behavior rest visits to SkinBase so I think the management ought to consider it a robbery.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (27.06.2006 06:07)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
Things that would seem reasonable aside from emotions: At least for fast reply thanks, now it s up to each site and artist to do as much as they can on their own behalf if this is to be cleaned up fast.

Artists are not obliged to do this - languages can be a hassle. But we all got tools for that or links. Assuming its the way mediaplay and -org are saying, and his friend - fast pms with NAMES of ripped titles and links to original pages could help if pmed to Sven (mediaplay). Here at SB should be good enough to send it. If they are serious they should check mail here too.

I wont put much time and traffic into this, we dont need it that bad lately. I will just watch. Internally I doubt if SkinBase artists are the only ones it concerns. But keeping out of that for now.

OK Sven hoffe die Künstler, die ich hier meinerseits kenne und besser überblicken kann senden Dir pms zumindest hier auf Skinbase mit genauen Titeln und links zu Originalen, was jeweils gerippt wurde von Deinen Usern, wie Du sagst.

Nicht nur unsere Künstler scheinen betroffen. Solange Du aber die Sache ernst nimmst wie jetzt, und besser auch Deine pms liest die Tage, konzentriere ich mich auf andere Sachen. Denn so dringend brauchen wir dieses ganze Thema auch wieder nicht, Zeit schon eher. Alles Gute für jetzt. Running
1 decade ago (27.06.2006 11:21)
Reply by: Aaron-Nora
Well, as I started this, I think I must say something. You can copy-paste here the comments of Mickeblue and Mountainhawk cause they expressed my thoughts better than myself. I don´t know what kind of Mediaplay you are. If Mediaplay.de or Mediaplay.org or Mediaplay.er from Microsoft. And I don´t want to know it.

I saw my skins in your site. I did not upload any skin to your site. I did not give you permission for my skins to be there. I tried to post a comment in your site for you to retire my skins from your site. The answer was that I had to be member to post a comment. You wanted me to register in your site. And that is something I´m not going to do. So, I went to your personal page here in Skinbase and left you a message urging you to retire my skins from your site, as Mountainhawk did. Then I communicate my friends here what you were doing and started the thread. I know what you are doing, you know what you are doing, everybody does. What more do you need to stop doing it ?

And now, the serious matter. My name is Aaron Rocanora, I´m 43, MBA, and owner of a financial company. The name Aaron-Nora is a trademark registered in the EU by my company, so you cannot use it in any way. If you want to play hard, I have the time and the money to play. Your choice.
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 07:18)
Reply by: nadgerry
just checked in on this site, (had it bookmarked, didnt remember..LOL) and u have to be registered to view everything but his "mediaplay" section.....strange no??
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 08:20)
Reply by:
I sure hope all this is not going to be a new Hoover experiment...The FBI...Fkinning bureau investigations...Yes... Amazed Fool
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 09:19)
Reply by: MountainHawk
Good weapons practice states you clearly identify your target.On identification release safety catch. Ensure you have the correct ammunition loaded and that you are using the correct weapon for the intended target.........Aaron appears to have followed all that really well!!!! I like this guys style.....On ya Aaron!!!! Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 06:28)
Reply by: Quichottes Windmile
Ok...

kchristine have changed my status to read only, and the nice idea, to geive me back the write status, if i remove all pictures from the WP Area at the media-play.org Forum.
The Problem:

1. I don´t want to ! (Cause the most images are uploaded by other users, and no Authors has send us an mail or any other message to remove any special pictures - so you will understand, only the original Authors can ask us to remove anything - an not an Skinbase Moderator!!!)
2. I can´t (Cause i have no Admin Rights at the WP Area - im not the owner)
3. im the wrong man !!! ( smart guys will understand the sense of the words in my new nickname ;-) )

So i have to give an new Nickname to defend myself. (Don´t tell me anything about Board rules ! kchristine has taken my ability to defend me, so this is my only way to do it !!)

The object:

1. Media-play.org is an small Fan- and Helping Board for Users of the Software Player jetAudio.
Like any other Boards, this board has an Download & Image Area for the Users of the Board.
This is no Wallpapersite or Downloadsite, like Skinbase !
At the DL area, you will find jetAudio Downloads, like skins, Plug ins, Helpfiles and other related Stuff.
all skinbuilders use this Area for uploading jetaudio Skins. I upoad my own Skins at this area too.
From time to time, somebody upload other stuff like skins of WMP or other used software to the DL Area, just of cause he like the founded skin. The same is for the images in the WP area.
Thats all. Those circumstances, you will find at any other board !

2. For the possibility, that some of the original Authors do not want to have the own work at this Board, he can send an message and the file will be removed instandly (after verifiying) !
As i know from the owner of the Board, in all the time, the Board is online , tis is NEVER happend !!!
The only one message come from kchristine with the "wish" to remove all the Stuff from the board !
AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !!! In some cases, we know, that the original Authors has uploaded the own Files at the Board by themselve. For eample: Sternengalaxy, jermaunzi
So... should this files removed just for kchristine ´s will ??? NO !!! So - the only way is: The original Author have to send the board owner an message and NOT kchristine ! Otherwise, somebody could send an mail for removing for ex. my files, cause those files are at skinbase too. If the Boardowner not know me, what schould he do ? He must ask ME !
That means: after an warning message of one user, the Boardowner send the original Author an mail for verify the warning message. if this is right, than the file will be removed .
Thats the only correct way and NOT the way kchristine want to !

2. kchristine says: its the responability of the Siteowner to remove incorrect files instantly...
OK... it seemes, kchristine knows all and anything. The question is: If she knows it - why you have an Rip Reports Thread here ??? The answer is: Cause kchristine & her other Mods have the same Problem, all Siteowners have: THEY DON´T KNOW AN FACT BEFORE SOMEBODY TELL THEM THE FACT !!!!
the same is for media-play.org ! There is no different !

3. Different Persons.
If you take a look at an domainchecker, you will see, [LINK] and [LINK] have two different owners from different regions of germany. We working together, cause we both have the same Hobby (jetAudio) but not more !
My Website [LINK] contains & present only my own skin works and some Tutorials for Skinning. (At this time under construction, cause i change the Website Style and some other things)
The Board [LINK] is an place for all jetaudio Users and by another person.( media-play.org was the nickname here) At this board i help to write comments, helpings an other things.
In the fact, i make the Boardgraphic now, i have an temporary Admin Status. (But only for the Board - not for the sections !)

That means: kchristine make War with the wrong person !!!
I´m just an skinbuilder, not the owner of the Board !!! And i´m NOT responsable for the content of the Board !!! This is the same, if somebody wants to make TAXIFUNK responsable for Skinbase ^^

@ kchristine : Give me back my old Status and make your War with the correct person !
Your try to extort me is **** !!!

Anwers to all the other Users in the next posting.

Sven Westphal
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 07:08)
Reply by: kchristine
You have had your status back for several days. Too bad you didn´t check it before getting your third (?) nick.
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 07:30)
@ mountainhawk :
the owner of media-play.org has NEVER get any message from you, so far , as i Know.
You say, yopu have send ME an PM here, but this is wrong ! in all the time here at skinbase i get 5 (!!!) messages - all from Taxifunk. The last message i get in october.
Then Taxifunk send me an message 2 Days ago to inform me about this Thread. And as you can see, i have react instantly ! So, where are all your messages gone ??? Not to me !

@ nadgerry:
Why you feel this is strage to must be registred to use the Download and Image section of an Message Board ???????? Did you know an Messagebord you can use all function without to be registered ???
I don´t ! The reason is very simple :
If you open the board without registration, than the board will be flooded with tons of spam.
Can you send messages or upload things here at skinbase without registration ? No, you can´t !
At skinbase you can watch and download all the files without to be registred - thats right - but skinbase is an Downloadsite - not an Board !
media-play.org is an Board with some other sections - not an Downloadsite !
Thats the different !!!

@ Aaron-Nora:

you should be carefull if you want to copy-paste here the comments of Mickeblue and Mountainhawk cause they expressed your thoughts better than yourself !
Cause, like i have explained it before: I´m the wrong Target !
If you don´t want to send an comment, than you cant complain about the fact, that your work is used by another page. Sorry ! How the Site owner shloud know your fact, if you dont WANT to inform him ???
And YES ! You HAVE TO be registred, if you want to send an PM at an Messageboard ! You think all other sites want to have Spam , only of cause Mr. Aaron-Nora dont want to register ???
What the Hell you think, what special Guy you are ???
And NO ! You DON´T have send ME any PM here !!! If i had get any kind of those messages, i would inform media-play.org instandly. There is no reason for me to ignore that.
And so far , as i know, media-play.org didnt get any message from you too ! He would react instantly, if you would send him an message. cause he have no reason for ignore that too !

You want to know, what you have to do to get removed your works ?
Send him an message and inform him - thats all ! Any Questions ?
oh... you want to play hard with me ? Ok... youre welcome.
But you shouldn´t complain, if your lawer gives you an big receipt for attaking the wrong person !
In addition media-play.org has deleted the complete Desktop section in the Downloadarea and informed some of the uploaders, why he deleted the uploaders files with an link to that discussion here.
So, have fun !

Sorry for writing so hard - but for me, all that stuff here is not more, than an fight with windmiles... i´ll hope, you know the story of Don Quichotte ? If you asked media-play.org BEFORE you start to make aggessive accusations , than all that stuff here would be unnecessarily !

Speacially for you : I´m NOT the right target !
my recommendation to you: Discuss your Problem with the site owner, but not with me ! You will save much money ;-)

@ mickeblue:
If you want to read more Bullshit than the, what you say, my posting is, than you only have to read your own agressive posting here !
1. jetAudio is NOT made by me or another member of media-play.org
2.the Fullversion of jetAudio is NOT more expensive, than the Fullversion of Winamp !
If you load the Basic Version, than you have it for free and with more included functions than the Winamp Basicversion have ! First Think - than write, Babe !!!
Hey, Fella... you tell ME if it wasn´t uploaded by the original author it just shouldn´t be there.
OK... if somebody inform the site owner, you have right - but not before !! First Think - than write, Babe !!! You say: "This is the worst case scenario of ripping I have ever seen." LOL... sortry, but you dont think, you exaggerate exremely ???`You see some uploads in an small messageboard and talk about "Ripping" ??? Do you know, what you talking about ??? I don´t think so !!!First Think - than write !
The next "much intelligent statement" from you: "If I were a SB moderator I would remove JetAudio from the list of audio software. " LOL.... yes... if you see an unauthorized file of for example Windowblinds at any website, than don´t forgett to remove ICQ from the SB list !!!
Is any unauthorized jetaudiofile at the DL Area at media-play.org ??? No its not !
And if yes... waht the other authors of jetaudioskins have to do with this case here ? Right ! Nothing !!!
What have jetaudio to do with the case here ? Right ! Nothing !!!
First Think - than write, Babe !!!

oh..sorry for writing in that hard style...but if you write so much agressive and with no intelligence,than you can´t complain about an massive strike back !
And you have tryed to hit the wrong guys... so now you have get what you have earn !

ok... i´ll hope , all people come down now and go back to really important things: Building Graphics :-)
And i´ll hope, in the future the Soldiers will select the right targets !
I fell like the iraquis must feel in the fact of the US Attack (some guys here acting a little bit like George-iraq-have-Weapons of mass-destruction-Bush)

So... attak the right one and be friendly first !

thanks...

Sven Westphal
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 07:53)
@ kchristine:

Quote: "You have had your status back for several days. Too bad you didn´t check it before getting your third (?) nick. "

No ! I don´t !

Too bad you didn´t check the right Nicks, before you send answers to other persons or change the status !
And: Too bad you ignore what i have wrote you !

I´m NOT the owner of media-play.org !!!
i´m the owner of media-play.de !
THATS different !
And thats why the owner of the nick "media-play.org" is NOT ME !
What you have done, is that you have not reply my messages to me, you have send it to media-play.org !
AND maybe you have open HIS Status - but NOT MY status !
And thats the reason for my 2nd Nickname here !!!

What you think, the nickname "media-play.org" is or not is complete unimportantly for me , cause my nickname here is:" media-play" (without "org")

So, please talk to ME and NOT with HIM , if I send you an message, OK ???

As next: i have tell you, you just have to check the domain owner by Domaincheck and you will see, the two different persons ! He have made one skin , he upload here. And now, read, what i have wrote in my skindescription here: [LINK]
nexus (media-play.org) and me are the same persons you think ?
Wow ! Than you must be VERY Ignorant !
Otherwise ask TAXIFUNK ! He knows our Board and the persons more than you , i think !

Again for you : I AM NOT the Board Owner with the SB Nickname "media-play.org" !
I´m an skinbuilder with the SB nick "media-play" !
Did you finally understand that fact ??????????????????????????

1 decade ago (28.06.2006 07:58)
EDIT:

@ kchristine:

Too bad, that this is the only thing, you have to say about all the facts i wrote !
It seemes you are better in Insolence and unjustified attackins against the wrong users, than to understand the facts and acting propperly !
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 09:56)
Reply by: Butch123
Quichottes Windmile
Hi..you know if I am reading things right here it seems that to my undertanding what you are saying is that if we as the owner and copyright holder of our work must send an email to the owner of the other site asking him not to use the work. There is no logic in that. First of all copyright is copyright and every artists work is copyright. Therefore any site hosting work without prior written authorization from author is a thief and that could be verified under any copyright that you wish. At the same time I´d like to metnion that I am not blaming you. I am blaming the person who took my work and put it on that site. You know all this could have been avoided if the owner of the site would have just PM´d the owners of the work he wanted to host. all in all, not a very big deal ! You must remmeber, it is not for us to PM the owner of that site, it is for him to ask us, not the other way around. Happy
1 decade ago (28.06.2006 10:17)
In defense of a Lady

You have chosen the worst nick of all. If you wanted your nick to have sense for an american, you should´t have chosen an spanish character. But if you do, you could have written it correctly, at least.

Don Quijote (Don Quixot in english) was the legendary hero of Cervantes, the best spanish writer ever. He was the last of the knights, protector of any Lady´s honour. He would never attack a Lady as you did above. He was a gentleman.

Explanation of terms: Manners are the unenforced standards of conduct which show the actor to be cultured, polite, and refined
A lady is a term frequently used for a woman who follows proper manners, like Kchristine does; the term gentleman is used as a male counterpart.

You should show a little respect to a person who is #1 in activity ratings, with more than 120000 downloads and is an adorable person. But for that you should have to be a gentleman, and you say you are only a windmill. (It must be true, seeing the way you spread shit out of your mouth).

About the thread itself, say something more would be redundant and I think people here have things more importat to do that reading and posting and reading and... , about the same and obvious matter. At present, the skins seem to have been removed from the site. That was the important. Keep on that way and you, the other you and the other one who now lives in Anguilla will have nothing to be afraid of. That´s all.
1 decade ago (29.06.2006 12:01)
@ Butch:

hi...

Sorry, but i think you missed my point.
What i have tried to say is:
If an user upload an file, the siteowner can´t know if the work is from the uploader or not.
The siteowner know it , if somebody informs the siteowner.
Thats, why skinbase have this Forum here - they don´t know that too - like any other siteowner.
the siteowners need the information from the Users ! No siteowner can know anything - right ?
The Siteowner has the resposability to react from that time forward, he get the knowledge about the Rip. But not before !!! Its an logic thing - right ?
you say "all this could have been avoided if the owner of the site would have just PM´d the owners of the work he wanted to host"
Ok... but how he should do that, if he don´t have the knowledge about the Rip ???
THIS IS AN BIG DEAL !
And at Skinbase, you see, how big the deal is ! Why you think, SB have this Forum called "Rip Reports And Bugs " ? They have it, cause this is the only way to get information about an rip !
Do you agree ? (I´ll hope - otherwise i donßt know how i should discribe it in another way)
just to remeber: media-play.org is an messageboard - not an downloadsite ! the Download and picture area is just an normal suvbsection of any board - so the siteowner does not use the files for hosting, he give the users the ability to upload misc. things. ! Thats very different from Skinbase or other donloadsites.
The main program of an board is the board itself - not the subpages, like "News", "Downloads",images", "members" or any other subsection !
So, the site owner has not ripped the files to upload those at the subsection, the files was uploaded by users !

ok.. i think now is more clear, what i wanted to say.

so, please... if there is an file from you, you don´t want to see at the messageboard, please inform the siteowner. If you give him the permission to let the file at the site or if you want to see the file removed.
He will react instandly. I know that !
Cause as Taxifunk infermed me about that stuff here, i informed the siteowner - and a short time later he have removed the complete section (!!!!) (Not only some "ripped" files) so , you see he is not interested in ripping or else. He is not interseted in hosting files, cause he is only interested in the Board ! The subsections are just an user service.

This is the reason for me, to defend him , cause he is not the bad boy some users here want to see in him ! The way all that guys here make war against that small Helpingboard is unfair and unfriendly !
An small message to him or to me could have been avoided this aggressive thread ...

ok... i think, now we both can be friends again...

regards
Sven Westphal
1 decade ago (29.06.2006 01:01)
@ Aaron-Nora:
i don´t think, kchristine don´t need an defender - espeacially not you !

you say: "If you wanted your nick to have sense for an american, you should´t have chosen an spanish character. "

Why ? Do you think, the americans are to stupit to know the story about Don Quichotte and the Windmiles ?

You wrote: "But if you do, you could have written it correctly, at least"

Sorry, my dear - Don Quichotte is correct - in German ! I am German, so i use the german way to write the name. like an American would use the english way..Don Quixot.... now you have learned - there is more than just two ways of writing the Name Don Quijote ! just google...Your Welcome :-)
AND Don Quichotte was NOT an "legendary hero" - he was an anti-hero - an fool !!!
he wants to be an glorious Knight but in fact of no real enemys he wants to see dangerous enemys in just normal windmiles and try to fight them - with an tragic end !
But i think, you know that ;-)

Ok... that was offtopic... now the rest of your "intelligent" posting ^^

to suspect an user to be another user and ignore what he is writing
to judge an user although he is the wrong target
to judge an messageboard and blame the name of the website before watch the backgound
to be Insolence to another person
to attack somebody
to ignore all facts

... thats really lady like ???thats "Manner" ? OMG... than i never want to meet an lady !

Maybe kchristine was an lady before she do all that things... but since all that facts she is that defenately NOT ! Sorry... thats the Fact !

If she would give me respect - she get my respect - but she has acted with no respect... so... that was the bill !
Maybe you should think about the word "Respect" ?
i just have uploaded my skins here and only answers comments of my skins, but nothing more.
I didn´t write any posting here or attack any user. Maybe that is an reason to get respect too ?
Must i upload 120.000 Files to get respect from anybody ? Sorry, but that kind of respect has no value for me ! i can live without that kind of "Respect" !!!

What is with your respect, if you use words like " spread shit" ... is that "manner" ?
I didnt use any words like that! So i think, YOU have to learn soemthing about Manners and Respect from ME !

You will be 43 and an owner of an financial company ??? Is that normal to use such bad words in your region or your profession or your age ???You want to talk about "Respect and MAnner " ???
Sorry - for that job you are defenately the wrong - the very wrongest person !"

I don´t know what is normal in spain - but in germany, we dont use words like "spread shit" !

And we don´t judge if we only know the "obvious"
We do it , when we know the facts !

Maybe, this is one thing, you could learn from me too !

You wrote: "you, the other you and the other one who now lives in Anguilla"

Ok.. my dear... her is "Me": [LINK] / Registrant Name : Sven Westphal, Schweinfurt, Germany

and here is the "other me" (like you want to see it) : [LINK] / Registrant Name : Rene Bestmann, Rostock, Germany

Do you see the differences ???? The names, the Citys, the domains ? No ? Than it´s redundant to talk more words with you !
But maybe you could explain, who the 3rd guy from the carribic ilands, you talk about, should be ???
You want to say, that an small messageboard is an moneybooster ? LOL i think, you don´t know, what you talking about ! The owner of the Messageboard do this as an hobby - not more - nnot less...

You are an finaciel expert ? OMG...I don´t think that i would ask you about finacial stuff - i´m shure, i would not !
Running
1 decade ago (29.06.2006 02:58)
Ok man, let´s go step by step.

Kchristine don´t need a defender. I´m friend of my friends and I defend them wether they need or they not.

I don´t think the americans are stupids. Stupidity is universal, just look around. Because Cervantes is universal that doesn´t mean everybody have to know the book and the characters to be non-stupid. I know many non-stupid persons that have not read Shakespeare (as a comparative example) and many stupids that have read Cervantes. Look around again.

I apologize for not to speak german. I don´t google everything. But if you chose that nick for this discussion, an english discussion, you could have chose the english version. But it´s ok, it´s your choice. Thanks for teaching.

Don´t tell me who D. Alonso Quijano was, I´ve read the book three times, one of them in ancient spanish, as it was written.

You say you´ll never want to meet a Lady. Don´t worry, you´ll never do. You´ll not recognize a Lady even if she were kicking your ass (yes I said ass).

I don´t know what is normal in Germany or in Spain when someone speaks like you, but "spread shit" was the lightest thought that came to my mind. I´m sorry if I was offensive to the people of the site, I didn´t want to be offensive to anyone but you.
---------------------
About you and the other yous. Please read the head topic where it says
"A member of SkinBase [LINK] is taking skins from here...." That links to the page of Media-Play.org here at SkinBase. [LINK]
In "User Informations" the Homepage was *[LINK]* and the country was Germany. When clicking on his homepage you used to access where the skins were posted.
As this was the user´s page here, Mountainhawk and myself posted the comments in his comments section, where you and everybody can read them. Go and read.

But, Oh mistery of life, now the homepage points to *www.auch-nicht-da.org* ( a fake address) and the country is Anguilla.
----------------------
I don´t know if you are you, or the other, or both, or none of them. Don´t you understand that I don´t care about you?. I don´t know why you answered this thread. What I know is that I asked "Media-Play.org" and you answered. Someone could say that if it walks as a duck and it speaks as a duck...

And also don´t know if you would ask me for a proffesional advice but I´m sure that you are not among our potential clients in Germany.
1 2 3 4 5