phpNewsManager & phpWebMagazine Quoestions

Gregor / 2 decades ago (01 April 2003 08:43)

If you need help, have any question, bug reports and anything else about phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine goes here Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (02.02.2006 09:50)
Reply by: djghost
Help me please.

I have installed WebNews to link [LINK]
and webman to link [LINK]

if I carry out login they give me the error:

ERROR 87: Can´t connect to MySQL server on ´localhost´ (10061)

I have not understood as I must shape db.inc.php ???? }:? }:?

thist web site is very important, help please

bye
1 decade ago (02.02.2006 09:52)
Help me please.

I have installed WebNews to link [LINK]
and webman to link [LINK]

if I carry out login they give me the error:

ERROR 87: Can´t connect to MySQL server on ´localhost´ (10061)

I have not understood as I must shape db.inc.php ???? }:? }:?

thist web site is very important, help please

bye
1 decade ago (03.02.2006 01:21)
Hi polaris tnx for the reply...

Yes, in the database is present:

18 table...

WeekA
admin
gallery
groups
news
news_comments
news_logged
news_pics
partners
pictures
pnews
rss
smileys
story
topic
users
weather
weekQ

automatic creatle of the instal process, the last message of this prosess is:
phpNewsManager is succssesfuly installed
Now, for your safety, change permission back to 644 for file db.inc.php and delete install.php file !!!

PS: I have seen the db.inc.php in my server, and is empty.

Is Normal??
1 decade ago (04.02.2006 09:22)
Reply by: shafi
Hi! I´ve just installed PHPNewsManager on my site I was able to login to the admin section only after I manually went into mysql and created the admin user. I logged into the admin section and then tried to create a news item but it did not save it. It seems that my script is not saving the information to the database. I am not getting any error messages. Also, when I try to upload a picture I get the following error - Warning: Missing argument 1 for CheckLogin() in /home/bedtyme/public_html/Chipmunk/functions.php on line 80 Warning: Missing argument 2 for CheckLogin() in /home/bedtyme/public_html/Chipmunk/functions.php on line 80 Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to being able to work with this script. Thanks alot
1 decade ago (04.02.2006 09:36)
Reply by: shafi
Hi! I´ve just installed PHPNewsManager on my site I was able to login to the admin section only after I manually went into mysql and created the admin user. I logged into the admin section and then tried to create a news item but it did not save it. It seems that my script is not saving the information to the database. I am not getting any error messages. Also, when I try to upload a picture I get the following error - Warning: Missing argument 1 for CheckLogin() in /home/bedtyme/public_html/Chipmunk/functions.php on line 80 Warning: Missing argument 2 for CheckLogin() in /home/bedtyme/public_html/Chipmunk/functions.php on line 80 Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to being able to work with this script. Thanks alot
1 decade ago (05.02.2006 01:10)
if it is not succeeded to write on line (in the installation process) the file db.inc.php how can write it I????

and then to make the FTP Upload ???
1 decade ago (14.02.2006 12:24)
Reply by: hegedus
Hi!

I´ve as the same problem:

I´ve just installed PHPNewsManager on my site I was able to login to the admin section only after I manually went into mysql and created the admin user. I logged into the admin section and then tried to create a news item but it did not save it. It seems that my script is not saving the information to the database. I am not getting any error messages.

I´ve set

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
php_flag register_globals on

on .htaccess in root directory too

how can I show the articles? I´m on localhost

please help me
1 decade ago (14.02.2006 11:53)
Reply by: polaris
djghost,

db.inc.php should not be empty.
It should write while installing. I guess you didn´t put right permission while installing so system coundn´t write in it. Try to set permission to write (777) and then run installation process again.

The rest of you, sorry, I didn´t look into new version of script because I´ve heavily modified my script. Also, sorry, but at this moment I don´t have time to look in it for any bugs. Well, that script isn´t my product. I´m just one, so to tell, advanced user who fixed most of bugs in it and added new features Wink

Mr. gRAVE is owner but he is unfortunately rarely here... Sad
1 decade ago (27.02.2006 06:01)
Reply by: checog0
I want to know if its possible to config webmag after breaking news show the news in two columns...
1 decade ago (03.03.2006 11:16)
Everything is possible Happy The real question is, how? It should not be big problem. Just need to change html (design).
1 decade ago (09.03.2006 03:10)
Reply by: checog0
Can any body tell my how to put news in two colums???
1 decade ago (10.07.2006 09:21)
Reply by: sizq
Problem with Mysql / Instalation / Use

Hi. When I installed the system there was no problem, I created the user admin with password admin. Then... I could not enter to the admin area, so I checked the database the table admins and it has one registry with id=1 and the rest of fields were empty. So I changed manually the user and password. Then I could enter to the admin area but I can not create users or modify mine. When I modify mine (change the Name) and I click proceed, the changes where not made. Any idea? Thanks Sergio Izquierdo
1 decade ago (11.09.2006 03:14)
From the top of my head, I believe problem is in version of PHP you have. As I can remember you must have register_globals set to ON to News Manager work properly.

Regards.
1 decade ago (18.09.2006 07:47)
Reply by: wary109
1 decade ago (27.08.2007 02:11)
Reply by: ray_manzarek
Hey, can somebody help me with the installation of PHP NewsManager? I´m a beginner and I just can´t find the Installation note! Happy