phpNewsManager & phpWebMagazine Quoestions

Gregor / 2 decades ago (01 April 2003 08:43)

If you need help, have any question, bug reports and anything else about phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine goes here Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (07.09.2005 02:35)
Reply by: dellsworth
What do I need to change in the code to remove ampersandacute showing up in picture captions instead of apostrophes?

Thank You

David
1 decade ago (09.09.2005 01:58)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
Wow! What a thread! Thanks for all your support, polaris. Might reread this myself a bit next year. :smile:
1 decade ago (13.09.2005 10:21)
Reply by: polaris
dellsworth, don´t really understand what you want to do...can you be more specific? with some example maybe?

TAXIFUNK, Your Welcome. Happy
1 decade ago (20.09.2005 02:30)
Reply by: mehli2002
Hi

i posted another thread in the forum about my issues with phpNewsManager and PHP´s register globals settings.
Register Globals is set to off and therefore all forms in the newman script don´t work for me.
As I read, some people got that to work, so would someone please post /email a link to the newest files or send them by mail?

Thanks,

Jo
1 decade ago (20.09.2005 02:30)
Reply by: mehli2002
Hi

i posted another thread in the forum about my issues with phpNewsManager and PHP´s register globals settings.
Register Globals is set to off and therefore all forms in the newman script don´t work for me.
As I read, some people got that to work, so would someone please post /email a link to the newest files or send them by mail?

Thanks,

Jo
1 decade ago (22.09.2005 03:59)
Reply by: pablouin
How do I keep phpmanager from displaying this message at the start of news files

Warning: date() [function.date]: Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\newman\functions.php on line 113

Thanks Paul
1 decade ago (24.09.2005 05:35)
pablouin, you run NewsManager on IIS server?

mehli2002, I´ve reply to you on that another thread.

Regards.
1 decade ago (27.09.2005 12:01)
When an entry as a picture caption is entered, and it includes an apostrophe as in the word "kid´s", the apostrophe is replaced with an ambersand and the word acute. There´s obviously some code that´s not right somewhere and I want to correct it if I can. Is that clearer?
1 decade ago (27.09.2005 12:02)
When an entry as a picture caption is entered, and it includes an apostrophe as in the word "kid´s", the apostrophe is replaced with an ambersand and the word acute. There´s obviously some code that´s not right somewhere and I want to correct it if I can. Is that clearer?
1 decade ago (12.10.2005 09:47)
Oh. I see. You should check code where picture is placed in database (caption of picture). Right now, I don´t have time to do that, but will try later.
1 decade ago (17.10.2005 03:39)
Reply by: boydie
I´m have a problem when I type in a UK pound sign it´s showing as sometype of L
1 decade ago (27.11.2005 02:49)
Reply by: metodman
sorry,
but I have a problem with the login action, if you try to log with an unregistred account you can post comment...I have checked the newman_lib script and it stop only the empty login post:

if (empty($GLOBALS[´login´]))
echo _PLEASE_LOGIN_FIRST;

else

how can we stop all the unregistred users???

HELP me!

if the bug is fixed in an other thread or post, please repost the link because I don´t find anything about this with the site search engine.
1 decade ago (27.11.2005 04:37)
Well, this is problem with Web Magazine script.

In newman_lib.php file you should check for line 493 (or near by), for there peace of code (it´s from line 493 to 498):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if (empty($GLOBALS[´login´]))
echo _PLEASE_LOGIN_FIRST; //echo ´Please login first! If you still dont have an account, register it here´;
else
{
?>

Change it to look like this:

$passek = CheckLogin($GLOBALS[´login´],$GLOBALS[´pass´]);
if ($passek <> "ok")
echo _PLEASE_LOGIN_FIRST; //echo ´Please login first! If you still dont have an account, register it here´;
else if ($passek == "ok")
{
?>

Save and exit. Try now.

Regards.
1 decade ago (27.11.2005 04:39)
I hope you will manage to read code I´ve posted.

It´s a little mixed up because those auto-replace for smileys (bad thing!).

Regards.
1 decade ago (27.11.2005 04:58)
Reply by: metodman
I´m tryng with this code:

if ($passek <> "ok")
else if ($passek == "ok")
{
?>

but it don´t works, it stop the blank and unregistred posts but I can´t post comment like registred user.
thank you for your help.