phpNewsManager & phpWebMagazine Quoestions

Gregor / 2 decades ago (01 April 2003 08:43)

If you need help, have any question, bug reports and anything else about phpNewsManager and phpWebMagazine goes here Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (12.10.2004 10:32)
Reply by: polaris
Antonio, yes, I could send my pictures.php file. To your private email address?
Regards.
1 decade ago (18.10.2004 07:44)
Reply by: comptherapy
Polaris,

I am encountering the same installation problem. I did a chmod 755 of install.php and a chmod 666 of db.inc.php. My database name is schoolonwheelsorg instead of newman, but from what I understand that should not be a problem as long as I specify that name on the setup page. I have used other installation scripts that have worked perfectly on this server and with this database. Any ideas?
1 decade ago (19.10.2004 10:36)
Sorry, it is long time ago when I first install this script so can´t remember if there is some bug in installation process (which should not suprise you) but try to post error that you got so someone maybe could help you. I can´t reinstall it again to see where is the problem.
1 decade ago (21.10.2004 12:49)
Reply by: antonio
polaris

Yes, please send me the file to my private address.
Thanks in advance.
1 decade ago (21.10.2004 12:56)
Which is? In your info email isn´t displayed because SPAM protection.
1 decade ago (21.10.2004 01:18)
vmlp2003
Sorry for the late reply, I don´t come here frecuently.
I think it has to do with the datatabase.
Solaris, please help this friend!
1 decade ago (21.10.2004 07:43)
I would like to help but I forgot is there any problems with installation process (and I think it is). At this time I can´t install it on my server so only way to help your friend is to install it on his server or some temp server where I can check where is the problem.
1 decade ago (24.10.2004 02:39)
polaris
send me the file to [LINK]
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 12:31)
Polaris: Thanks for sendint pictures.php file. I updated it. But continue receiving this errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/gfx/gallery/juan_luis_guerra2.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/pictures.php on line 215

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move ´/tmp/phpuBYNRu´ to ´/home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/gfx/gallery/juan_luis_guerra2.jpg´ in /home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/pictures.php on line 215

I uploaded pictures via ftp to gfx folder in the magazine and I am able to use the pictures that way.

Also, when trying to edit a news story, edition works but receive this errors:

Warning: fopen(/home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/rss/noticias.rss): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site84/fst/var/www/html/functions.php on line 141

Antonio
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 04:02)
Reply by: apachi
[LINK] <<--- this my problem in magazine Sad
========================================
Warning: main(): Unable to access ../adm/db.inc.php in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/new/newman_lib.php on line 7

Warning: main(../adm/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/new/newman_lib.php on line 7

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ´../adm/db.inc.php´ (include_path=´.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php´) in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/new/newman_lib.php on line 7
=========================================
???????????????????????? Help! plz
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 07:23)
Reply by: Peter_Vazed
Antonio
here the code of picures line 215

$HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´name´] = $nf;
if(!move_uploaded_file($HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´tmp_name´],$GLOBALS[´gallery_path´]."/".$HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´name´]))
echo " type=\"text/javascript\">alert(´"._ERROR."´);";
}
else
if(!move_uploaded_file($HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´tmp_name´],$GLOBALS[´gallery_path´]."/".$HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´name´]))
echo " type=\"text/javascript\">alert(´"._ERROR."´);";
else
{
chmod($GLOBALS[´gallery_path´]."/".$HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´name´],0644);
}
}
else
echo _WRONGDATATYPE.": ".$HTTP_POST_FILES[´filename´][´type´]."
";

and here functions.php on line 141

$query = "SELECT * from ".$GLOBALS[´db_news´]." order by datum desc, id desc LIMIT $arn[number]";

if(!$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w") && file_exists($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]"))
{

Look if this ´rss_path´ is what you have
it has to be ´rss_path´]
in the code the`has to be ´

:fighter
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 07:34)
Reply by: Peter_Vazed
Hi apachi,

line 7
require ("../newman/db.inc.php");

copy db_inc.php to the webmagazine directory
then use:
require ("db.inc.php");

and in this db.inc.php check for the correct link:
$news_pics_path= "/data/members/free/tripod/nl/d/v/z/dvz/htdocs/newman/gfx/news";
$news_pics_url= "[LINK]";

where you find a url add the full siteadress

:fighter
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 07:59)
Antonio, try to chmod your ´gallery´ and ´rss´ folder to 666.
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 09:46)
Apachi,
I see the lines, but, where I cut or replace?

One note: I put the phpWebMagazine in a folder named "revista" inside the
phpNewsManager. Is that the correct way?

Polaris,
I chmod the folders to 666
1 decade ago (25.10.2004 10:05)
Apachi,
I see the lines, but, where I cut or replace?

One note: I put the phpWebMagazine in a folder named "revista" inside the
phpNewsManager. Is that the correct way?

Polaris,
I chmod the folders to 666