What inspired you ?

etype2 / 1 decade ago (13 July 2009 03:33)

That's it. What or who inspired you to get into online digital art?

For me it was Kelly McLaron at Topaz Design

When I saw " Palace Of Marisandara " late 1998, this was the inspiration. Please see this link: http://topazdesigns.com/bryce/marisandra.htm

I went out and bought Bryce. Could never even come close to this artwork. Still can't.

I remember joining up at Skinz.org 1999, Shaggot was a moderator there. He kept on declining my uploads.

A very nice lady, Jsenn, was there at Skinz.org. She later became an administrator at Deviantart. She wrote beautiful poetry. She wrote to me,commented, she inspired me. Because of her, I never gave up.

New folks, never give up. Believe in your self.

Now tell us, what or who inspired you?

Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (19.07.2009 01:34)
Reply by:
I appreciate you all very much! Marshall, thanks for posting that here. A cool feature for sure. I am behind here for sure... clap
1 decade ago (10.10.2010 07:22)
Reply by: MountainHawk
Art wise...a guy called Roger Dean inspired me...and still does...he did album covers for Uriah Heep,Budgie, Yes and Osibisa.....the Flying Elephants on the Osibisa Album I airbrushed onto the windows of my sign shop in Hawkes Bay and repeated them on the company van.....Was and still is great art!
1 decade ago (10.10.2010 08:54)
Reply by: etype2
Glad you brought this thread back to life. Not familiar with Roger Dean, so I checked him on Wikipedia. Great fantasy artist. Ever see Royo´s work? Happy
1 decade ago (10.10.2010 08:58)
Nah...but gimme a link and I´ll be happy to have a squizz at it Congratulation Congratulation
1 decade ago (11.10.2010 01:35)
Reply by: Yrgal
Hey MountainHawk. You don´t really need a link nowadays, just Google! [LINK]
1 decade ago (11.10.2010 10:42)
Cheers yrgal! Congratulation Congratulation
1 decade ago (11.10.2010 10:44)
Royo is not bad...thing that got me hooked on Roger Dean was he did a mechanical warrior on a mechanical horse in tonings of red...all hydraulic hoses and pistons and rods...the detail was gobsmacking! Happy
1 decade ago (11.10.2010 03:36)
Reply by: sed
An artist NOT familiar with Roger Dean????? Amazing!! Grin
1 2 3