What happened to

Keeko / 1 decade ago (24 January 2007 03:45)

I noticed that my last thread about "Featured Artists" was taken off the Messageboard. Could it be that we don't have "Freedom Of Speech" here? I am not trying to cause any problems, but I do feel we all have the right to say what we feel without it being deleted just because Management dosen't agree, after all the suggestions are to better the site so more will join SB.

Here is a quote from Rumpole Of The Bailey and my husband.
"I may not agree with everything you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

We all have our own opinions, and just because you don't agree with someone, dosen't mean they are wrong...... Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (25.01.2007 06:11)
Reply by: MountainHawk
As far as I am concerned Avy the matter is closed. I feel neither guilt nor shame for my actions. RET(Rational Emotive Therapy) tells us that three things occur in transactions. There is an actuating circumstance, followed by a behavioural response followed by a consequence. Someones response here has been totally over the top and uncalled for purely because they cannot own their own behaviour. Where I have been wrong here I am only to happy to acknowledge it and make amends. If someone does not like the things I have said then maybe they need to look at their behaviour that caused that response. I am sad at the outcome here too. We came here looking to improve the featured wallpaper choice and whilst it may not be our site I see no harm in what we asked for. We did not jump to conclusions nor did we misread nor selectively ignore statements made. Nor did we come here inflexible with no thought of compromise. The response has been damaging to say the least....and as I said....I feel neither guilt nor shame. I will simply withdraw and end my participation with this site as will others I am sure.I do not believe anyone was forced into a corner here...behaviour and response is a choice. Choices made here have not been good for the individual nor for the site as a whole. I am not proud of the outcome at all. Nor proud of what the administration has seen fit to do either.
1 decade ago (25.01.2007 04:34)
Reply by:
@ all :

Lakota Instructions for Living

Friend do it this way - that is,
whatever you do in life,
do the very best you can
with both your heart and mind.

And if you do it that way,
the Power Of The Universe
will come to your assistance,
if your heart and mind are in Unity.

When one sits in the Hoop Of The People,
one must be responsible because
All of Creation is related.
And the hurt of one is the hurt of all.
And the honor of one is the honor of all.
And whatever we do effects everything in the universe.

If you do it that way - that is,
if you truly join your heart and mind
as One - whatever you ask for,
that´s the Way It´s Going To Be.

Sorry to say this, but I don´t like the way this discussion is being held. I think everyone should think about his own behaviour before acting just like the one he wants to blame. And please don´t get me wrong.............it is not
W H A T you ask for here......it is H O W it is done.
I neither like the way features are chosen here, but I would´n even dream of doing it like this if I wanted to change something about it.
I neither like Nikos behaviour here, but it wasn´t him who started to throw around the heavy stuff first. What would a tiger do.........being forced into one corner ?

Words ........can be beneficial, comforting and helpful,
but they can be just as devastating when chosen wrong.

And even if you will start barking at me now:
We as the members should honestly think about why we are submitting our works here. We all do that by our own free will, nobody forces us to do so. But does the fact that we continiously support the site gives us the right to act like we own it?

I feel very stressed and sad about this, and it kept me awake, that´s why I wanted to have it out of my mind and soul. It is not to be seen as judging over you but my honest opinion.

1 decade ago (25.01.2007 02:09)
Reply by: adni18
You are always creating dramas mountainhawk...
If what you have just said is not an insult then what an insult is?

1 decade ago (25.01.2007 02:56)
Reply by:
There aren´t many dentists who pull healthy teeth ROFL
1 decade ago (25.01.2007 03:42)
Drama? Who pulled the stars! Who shut the threads and cleared the chatboard! Discussion is all we asked for. Discussion of change. If their is no bad feelings then why cause this drama. It is not coming from me.How can I insult when all I am doing is honestly appraising your behaviour? Make it a clean sweep and take all my stars Nikos!
1 decade ago (25.01.2007 03:49)
I´ll make it easy for you Nikos...I will just stop participating.......the problem will still remain though. Enjoy yourself and stand proud of your actions here. I am out of here......and no I will not be deleting my gallery. I am not going to take actions similar to yours. See you later! Congratulation Cool Wink A w a r d A w a r d A w a r d A w a r d Coffee
1 decade ago (25.01.2007 12:51)
No insult was made to any admin on that thread that I saw. All that was said was describing your behaviour and questioning it. It seems we can say what we like as long as it is not truthful and honest, as long as we do not mention in an honest fashion what someones behaviour reflects. If you do not like the responses Nikos then simply change your behaviour. All we were asking for was for the featured wallpaper to be better managed. You immediately became unecessarily defensive and dominating and wrongly stated we thought our own art was better and that we were mistaken. The insulting behaviour was coming initially from you through your unacceptable behaviourand inappropriate responses to a simple request. Take all my stars Nikos if it makes you happy.I f you disliked the resp[onse you got on that thread you always had the option to change your behaviour. Instead we get this childish response of star pulling and thread pulling. And you say you want no drama?
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 08:54)
Reply by: contractartist
what exactly do the stars represent?
1 decade ago (25.01.2007 12:13)
I find the response of taking status down to be a pretty petty piece of behaviour and not the act expected nor consistent with mature behaviour. If anything causes drama it is acts such as this.I had thought the person to be made of sterner stuff.The harm done is greater for the person who decided to reduce status and not for the person who lost it. Like Fred said it means little to me....I am still the same person I was yesterday when I had three stars.Great way to push people away from the site though.
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 06:44)
Reply by:
The e-mail did not answer my statement above. Never mind Nikos.
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 06:50)
Reply by:
Thanks Snowman. I really don´t care to get my status back... really. This has nothing to do with you. Thanks again.
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 06:16)
Reply by: adni18
I have answered your email Fred, I don´t know why you didn´t got it.

I was saying in that email:

Hello Fred,
You have the right to speak your mind, in a kind way as an adult.
Though, it is not acceptable to insult any Admin or Moderator of Skinbase.
I feel sorry for this situation, but we don´t need more drama´s in SB.
There are no hard feelings on my end too.
Nikos
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 04:49)
Reply by: Snowman
Heya people.

I´m not at all happy about that thread getting deleted, and I don´t know who did it either but I´m determant to get to the bottom of this.
Deleting threads just like that and without a proper explanation simple cannot be right - nor just to any user.
I therefore urge any staffmember reading this to go to the adminboard and read my post about this there!!

fjunes712 if your "status" has been lowered for the wrong reasons your previous status will be re-instated promptly.

:snow
1 decade ago (24.01.2007 04:36)
Reply by:
I was not going to post here at all. But since the PM system does not work - I can only talk to Jan this way. Apparently in an international site like this, some of us seem to take things as insults. That feature post was geared around a situation - and not a person. I come from a land that encourages opinions and change. Its who I am. Whats embraced by some is punished by others. In my comments on that post, I thought I was talking to a situation - and not an individual. Perhaps thats why its been deleted. It still does not make it right.

My membership status has been taken down here to one star, which really does not mean much to me. But I´d like to know why this has happened. If I insulted a staff member here - they owe it to me to tell me what was said. I think we have a clear difference of what an insult is. I tried e-mailking Nikos and have received a failure message in return. So, this is my only available avenue of communication.

1 decade ago (24.01.2007 01:38)
Reply by:
Deaf ears can´t hear lol Let alone read Grin
1 2