Another ripper...

Yrgal / 1 decade ago (31 August 2005 10:42)

These have already been removed from Wincustomize. Info about originals in the comments section and he´s had more than enough time to remove them himself by now.

http://www.skinbase.org/rate.php?skins=24929
http://www.skinbase.org/rate.php?skins=25026

Post replies:

1 decade ago (31.08.2005 12:04)
Reply by: Yrgal
Never mind the bad link(s). Seems like the author removed them, so Running
1 decade ago (31.08.2005 12:39)
Reply by: Snowman
Either that or an admin caught it Wink

Thanks again for the heads up, Yrgal!
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 06:33)
Reply by: MaryQualls
Just sent an email to adni18 (by clicking on Contact in his Profile) about a possible ripper. Wasn´t sure exactly what to do when there´s any doubt about a situation like that, so please let me know what, if any, further action is needed from me. Thanks!
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 09:27)
Post a link to his/her profile or the rips right here - that´ll up the chances that something´s done about it
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 09:28)
oh and of course links to the originals are needed too :]
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 09:35)
Is it possible to send you (or another admin) a PM or email duplicating what I sent to Nikos? Since I am not positive about the rip and hoped someone more knoledgeable might be able to help.....
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 03:38)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
You can always copy + paste texts from thing u call up in your sentbox, then enter staff list, start a mail to 1 or 2 more admins there and insert what you copied, then send after having added your concern line. In our FAQ link on the lower right close to the staff list, there is a rather laconic official answer to copyright issues. Considering that can´t differentiate as well as an admin experienced with all the problems in the past in tricky cases, I also think messages to 1 or 2 people can be the first step. Then if no admin responds for a week, you still can use the messageboard section.
1 decade ago (14.12.2005 08:38)
Mary: feel free to mail me at snowmanATskinventory.dk
:]
1 decade ago (15.12.2005 02:20)
Thanks!!! Happy
1 decade ago (15.12.2005 08:40)
Email recieved and I´ll have a look into the matter asap
(just gotta go "home" and fix my wifes ´puter first) Wink
1 decade ago (15.12.2005 03:42)
Reply by: adni18
I am sorry Mary , I never got any e-mail from you...hmmm Sad

I think we should fix this problem with e-mais from Skinbase,
it happen with TAXIFUNK email also...
1 decade ago (15.12.2005 08:59)
Rip-case: #214-4 subdivision 6
Subject: Possible copyright infringements
State: Solved

Case closed (for now)
1 decade ago (18.12.2005 02:39)
Thanks, Snowman. Case reopened? [LINK]
1 decade ago (18.12.2005 08:12)
bugger......

Reopened, sorted and reclosed Wink
1 decade ago (21.04.2006 02:57)
Reply by: Mark Ackerson
Case in point - my Halo DesktopX theme. I had uploaded dangeruss´ wall ( which was the original work of Hawkins as a sketch), without permission from dangeruss, although I did give credit to dangeruss. Thought I had all my t´s crossed and i´s dotted, as I did obtain permission from JJ Ying and gef for using some of their stuff, especially JJ Ying. Then along comes this twenty year old snot- his only comment? Where´s your dangeruss permission? Not nice job, but I noticed... This wall has been passed around the net and been changed by so many artists that it´s ridiculous! Where do we draw the line? When I write an essay and quote Mark Twain, I use quotations and a footnote giving credit; I don´t contact Twain´s estate for permission to quote him. This sad state only exists in cyber space. I blame the sites more than the artists, and of course the witch hunters who feel their time is best spent in negativity. Sad. This has gotten way out of hand, the net needs to come down to the real world. Downloading pirated music and software is one thing, but using a darn button and giving necessary credit should be enough! When I upload my art, I feel it no longer belongs to me, it becomes the property of the community. I don´t do it for recognition, I do it out of an inner drive to create and a necessity to have the port. It is my nature to share, so I upload the work. Do I give credit for every script I use? Heck, I didn´t write it! Uploading ports is becoming more trouble than it´s worth, it seems. But I shall continue to do so.
1 2