Russian Site With Stolen Art Works on..

saalien / 1 decade ago (21 April 2007 09:19)

Hi I got an email from Avy telling me that some of my work was on this site
http://www.artfile.ru/ I have wrote to them at [email protected] telling them to remove them, my walls with my ©AL on where taken from either SB, BH or Caedes. I'm opening this so you can all go there and check to see if any of your works have been stolen. You can then write and tell them to remove them. I know this is not a problem with either of BH, SB or Caedes. I think it's a huge problem and risk we take putting our art work on the Internet.

Auline

Post replies:

1 decade ago (24.04.2007 08:06)
Reply by: DjDomiNatorX
mhm yeah right!!!!, maybe sign a name on the picture, or your web something like that...!!! clap clap

dont fight for this.. its just a web who dont have great artist like skinbase!!! Wink Wink
1 decade ago (24.04.2007 09:08)
Reply by: adni18

The enthusiasm of a novice author is a good thing and it is acceptable.
But having a novice author playing the role of the only defender of authors rights and trying to give us lessons, it is at least not acceptable from the Administration of Skinbase!

I am pointing out the wrong conclusions by you avy:

“Still, it makes me sad that several popular wall and skinsites, including Skinbase , don´t do more to protect artists works more than they are doing currently

“I still think that one supports rippers by allowing rips on a site and see it as a great responsibility a webmaster has. And the least I would have expected is that rips are being removed, let alone showing at least some concern about the ripping from this site which you are currently not doing in my opinion . Do you understand what I actually mean, Nikos? I am not blaming you, I simply ask you for some concern for the rights of artists who help making this site what it is? "

" Simply accepting it as unavoidable to happen, like you SEEM to do , is no option for me............that is why I stopped being an active member here. Everyone has to do his part, the administrator as well as the artist himself”

I was talking about myself above, as the author adni18 and the rips of my work and not as Admin of Skinbase, another wrong conclusion by you avy!!!

Any way, you blame us that we don’t care about author rights as much as we should and this is a totally wrong conclusion!

WE CARE A LOT ABOUT THE MEMBERS OF SKINBASE AND THE AUTHOR RIGHTS!

You have asked me to delete your account from Skinbase avy, (if this and the above statements by you are not creating a drama, then what a is a drama? )
I will do it, because you gave me no other options and I want to make it clear that it is your request and not our decision.
1 2 3 4