Russian Site With Stolen Art Works on..

saalien / 1 decade ago (21 April 2007 09:19)

Hi I got an email from Avy telling me that some of my work was on this site
http://www.artfile.ru/ I have wrote to them at [email protected] telling them to remove them, my walls with my ©AL on where taken from either SB, BH or Caedes. I'm opening this so you can all go there and check to see if any of your works have been stolen. You can then write and tell them to remove them. I know this is not a problem with either of BH, SB or Caedes. I think it's a huge problem and risk we take putting our art work on the Internet.

Auline

Post replies:

1 decade ago (21.04.2007 10:39)
Reply by: etype2
Hi Auline. Ugh,that´s not good. It shows premeditation. Sad (Thank you for favoring "Contact") Happy
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 09:02)
Reply by: saalien
Thank you everyone for your views on this problem, at the end of the day there are people out there that will steal no matter what it is they are taking. And I guess our work on the interent is very vulnerable no matter how we copy right it. I for one cannot afford to pay for the digital watermark, and at the end of the day still not sure what good it would do. Anyway folks I hope you all had a look to see if any of your work was there. Not that writing to them as done me any good mine are still on there.. :p
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 04:01)
Reply by:
I have tried to contact the ISP/Hosting provider now. If that is not going to be successful, I ´ll ring them up tomorrow. I might be only a small and unsignificant internet user, but there are more ways to make them act.
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 05:39)
Reply by:
I just received an answer from the support of the ISP, telling me to send them the links to the original works..........now, that was quick! Congratulation

Everyone who wants to have his image/s removed from artfile.ru, will have to write to:
[LINK]

Please put "InGoNsOpRaEm" plus (eg) "Copyright Infringement" or similar in the subject line, otherwise they may bounce. Happened to me twice. Don´t forget the links of the stolen works and also the links to the originals! Good luck everyone! Booming love
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 05:41)
Reply by:
By the way, although not important.............another one of my works has been uploaded there today!
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 06:16)
Reply by:
Thank you Antje for this precious hint,i just wrote to [LINK],let´s hope they will
take care of this, i gave links andi also attached screenshots of both pages (original and stolen) clap Booming love
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 06:48)
Reply by: adni18
It is just a never ending story... Wink
1 decade ago (22.04.2007 09:55)
Reply by:
Hello Nikos,
I guess you are right.........it still does not make it right to resubmit images you were only allowed to download for your own personal desktop use. And as long as I keep finding my artwork somewhere I will have them removed from there. I want to decide myself where my artwork is shown, and I definitely don´t want it to be shown on a site that hosts x-rated images and adverts.

By not doing anything against it, I support those people. Just imagine this in life beyond the internet...........where thieves can steal and never get punished cause they will do it again anyway. But that -of course- is a decision that everyone has to make for himself.
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 12:11)
Reply by:
Here is another example, dear Nikos!

[LINK]

My signature has been removed on that image and has been replaced by "rus-chat.de".
This is theft, nothing else!
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 09:52)
You are right dear Antje, I have fight for these cases for 2-3 years,
but are so many and everyday too many new rips that make it impossible to follow... so I gave up...

I have seen that movie so many times, it is like the piracy of mp3, nobody can stop it Wink
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 11:17)
Reply by:
I guess the only way to stop this is stopping those sites activity,this is up to their isp of course
after investigating the situations,but again the next day another one will open and start to steal...just like before...
The internet can be sinking sands at times,i think what you said Nikos ,unluckily,is true
i saw the last link you gave Antje,it´s another site.. Cry ...this says it all..
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 04:50)
Reply by:
Yes Nikos, I am about to learn exactly that currently!

Still, it makes me sad that several popular wall and skinsites, including Skinbase, don´t do more to protect artists works more than they are doing currently. I am aware that it has to be mainly the artist himself to prevent his works being stolen. But there again, Skinbase has a policy of how members should behave and act...........but what about the people who freely download hell of a lot of material here daily, and that without even being a member? They don´t even get noted that they are supposed to be downloading walls and skins ONLY for their personal use on their desktops and are not allowed to redistribute them somewhere else as their own stuff!
Now, don´t get me wrong here........I will not start pointing out my finger in order to have somebody to blame. But I simply hold the opinion that there are in fact a few things that could and should be done from the administration of a popular site, which Skinbase undoubtably is. And with Gregor being the programming expert, it can´t be that difficult to realise, even if it won´t stop a lot of people who steal images as a hobby.

Another thing is, although I am not going to continue our discussion from BH..........about the rips. All I know is that one of the obvious rips I pointed out to you via SB-PM (including the link to the original drawing) is still downloadable at BH, although you said you would take care of it. Thus, what would you expect me to believe now? I still think that one supports rippers by allowing rips on a site and see it as a great responsibility a webmaster has. And the least I would have expected is that rips are being removed, let alone showing at least some concern about the ripping from this site which you are currently not doing in my opinion. Do you understand what I actually mean, Nikos? I am not blaming you, I simply ask you for some concern for the rights of artists who help making this site what it is?
Simply accepting it as unavoidable to happen, like you SEEM to do, is no option for me............that is why I stopped being an active member here. Everyone has to do his part, the administrator as well as the artist himself.............but what exactly is your part here?
And believe you me, I did love being part of this site. Booming love

1 decade ago (23.04.2007 02:55)
You can´t even imagine in how many hundreds sites our works are displaying, without our permission of course and the most of the times, the worst of all, with a fake author name on them... Sad
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 12:20)
Reply by:
Yes, I know all that from my mind..........still can´t help it at this time, and I guess I have to learn my lesson myself before being able to agree with you wholeheartedly. Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 12:21)
Reply by:
Sara, this happens if you try to go back with your browser after making a post.
1 2 3 4