Russian Site With Stolen Art Works on..

saalien / 1 decade ago (21 April 2007 09:19)

Hi I got an email from Avy telling me that some of my work was on this site
http://www.artfile.ru/ I have wrote to them at [email protected] telling them to remove them, my walls with my ©AL on where taken from either SB, BH or Caedes. I'm opening this so you can all go there and check to see if any of your works have been stolen. You can then write and tell them to remove them. I know this is not a problem with either of BH, SB or Caedes. I think it's a huge problem and risk we take putting our art work on the Internet.

Auline

Post replies:

1 decade ago (23.04.2007 02:05)
Reply by:
Yes,usually but this time i went back to Messageboard after commenting a work and then after coming back from another site Antje Happy ...not such an important thing anyways Happy
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 04:59)
Reply by:
Sara, I just received an email from the admin of artfile.ru.............all my 29 images have been removed after the ISP contacted him. Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 05:10)
Reply by:
Dear Antje i´m very happy for you,i didn´t even reach the email address this Gregoriy at agava game me,all mails bounced back ,i decided to take it easy,looks like not even the isp takes me seriously lol Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 05:20)
Reply by: etype2
There is a submission policy in place here at Skinbase.

You can be proactive and do something like this link: [LINK]

It is a shame that we have to resort to visible watermarks but it is an effective way to stop theft. It would take a lot of work to carefully remove the watermark and most would move on when they see this. I personally hate to see this,when some of my favorite artists put visible watermarks over the picture and I want to download for my personal use,but I fully understand the reason behind it. With the artist in the link;she knows me and when I send her a note,she will send me a clear copy.

Again,I say it´s a shame we have to resort such measures.
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 05:22)
Reply by:
...it was.."gave me"... kind of freudian lapsus..Happy ,ok last post,i promise Happy Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 05:43)
Reply by: contractartist
Well I say it only hurts the poster of the ripped art. When it comes time to back up those false claims with proof of skill they will then be seen for what they are, fake posers! They can´t be comissioned to do original-by-request artwork. Sure it hurts when they rip! But we are giving away digital copys free. Forever will our work exist, passed on from one computer to the next. We know we have the skill and can be comissioned to do original-by-request artwork. Take it with a grain of salt. It´s like worrying about people who add false qualifications on their work resume getting your job. The truth is there, were it counts! Happy
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 06:49)
Reply by:
Dear Marshall,
I have read the policy ! My point though was to create some "Tos" for the downloaders! Booming love

Sara, I have written you a mail ! Booming love

CA,
if you are able to do on request work, lucky you! Speaking for myself, I have never claimed to be able of doing it, although I have been asked by a member here not so long ago. I could not do what he wanted and honestly said so. But am I a worse artist because I can´t? I do not think so, and I guess that is not what you wanted anybody to understand, or did you? That should not be a measure when doing art, no matter what style. Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 06:53)
Reply by:
Marshall,

does she do those watermarks with a special program, or does she simply use transparent layers?
Looks like a program to me though.......
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 07:23)
Dear Antje; When one submits art at DeviantArt,they are given a choice of a license to impose on their artwork or none at all. It´s the artist´s choice. I believe the layer is part of the license,but don´t quote me on that,because I never use the license. I see the watermark used frequently there.

You could make a watermark easy in Photoshop with the opacity setting. But I hate them,for the reasons stated. I think you are very concerned as you should be and I understand,so just trying to help.

Don´t get me wrong,I´m not trying to recruit you to DeviantArt. Happy Fun

I for one,would like to see you return to posting your wonderful works here. Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 08:33)
Reply by:
Thank you so much for your very kind words, Marshall! Booming love

To tell you the truth, I am registered on DA but do not like it there. Not at all ! And as I said to Nikos earlier, I loved being here with all of you, but I would expect more support from the administration........at least see some good will to HELP preventing theft in order to pay their part resp. show an adequate responsibility. May sound naive for some, I don´t care at all. I even would be willing to pay for some more security, at least I would not feel like standing alone like now. Friends who kindly support me, excepted of course!
The site benefits from the artists, and the artists benefit from the site, no argue about it! But is it enough to simply supply the platform?

I neither like watermarks, but it seems there is no way around them. At least I can see some kind of success after starting to put title and Copyright-Signature right in the middle of the image, because I have found none of those being redistributed anywhere...........SO FAR ! OhWell Thank goodness I am not able to check them all, I would likely be ended up in some psychiatric ward by now. Wink

And just in case somebody is wondering.............
No, I definitely cannot help myself! Fool
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 08:47)
Antje; Well then...glad to here it´s working better. All the best. Happy Booming love
1 decade ago (23.04.2007 08:52)
Reply by: contractartist
I have never tried this but it could work inplant a digital watermark on a blank transparent layer then add that layer to any work you want watermarked. Of course I am not sure if pasteing this layer on another will damage the watermark. Digital watermarks aren´t really noticeable, because it usually is not an image. I don´t know how readlly many programs support watermark reading, but I know adobe photoshop does. And you are right avy, one can also be limited by the tools and techniques they know. I know I can´t do everything. But I can; within the reach of the tools, skill, and stile I have. :p
1 decade ago (24.04.2007 12:32)
Reply by: adni18

Avy don´t make wrong conclusions, I wonder why you do...

We don´t accept rips in Skinbase, we delete them asap and we exile the rippers.

The members of SB have always full support from the administration, please stop the drama and
hear what I am not saying......
1 decade ago (24.04.2007 01:58)
Reply by:
Nikos, if you are seeing a drama here, then I wonder who is the one who is making the wrong conclusions.
And if you had read what I actually wrote, you would have noticed that I talked about one particular rip on BH which I notified you about, not on SB. But I am beginning to understand now what the actual problem is. Never mind, I´ll do you the favour! I never thought I could loose my respect for you though......but I just did, Nikos.
1 decade ago (24.04.2007 07:38)
Reply by: preet_hipno
hey guys.. why r u seem in fight..

i had also see many sites.. in (*.ru) (*.nl) (*.no) (*.ws) who stolen the artwork.. but that not mean they build that.. so .. just care of protection of ur art..

protect data base.. & dont allow the ripper & grabber.. ..

With tention or fight we not protect any thing..

Magician
1 2 3 4