litestep problem just windering

ahdont / 2 decades ago (24 February 2002 07:29)

just wondering if anyone will help. since (shhhhhh. this is a skinning community)

i am using window XP. installed the litestep LSO. when the window start it says that cannot locate the module. and i have to click like 20 times until i can get rid of the warning window. after that, i see nothing on my desktop. so i must guest that i didnot install a theme or something although it comes with a default. then i goto the taskbar and fire up the lsts.exe and check all the edits. it looks fine. i went to the faq website specailly for litestep and found out tht i have to do couple of regedit. and it still doesn´t work. i have also realize that i have to open the gpedit.msc. but it said cannot find this thing and told me to goto start and search for it. i am currently have to press ctrl +alt +del to bring up the task manager and choose new task to get the explorer running. but i can "feel" other program is working like icq, ezpop, etc... i just can´t see them. please help.

asoza

Post replies:

2 decades ago (24.02.2002 08:59)
Reply by: grimspoon
yeah, make sure that the paths to your LS files ar correct.. it sounds like LS can´t load the modules because the paths are pointing to the wrong folders.
2 decades ago (24.02.2002 10:23)
Reply by: Scarebear
I think the LS distro packs are a GREAT way to be introduced to LiteStep.

[LINK] - I hope it´s still there Happy
2 decades ago (24.02.2002 11:09)
Reply by: Elwin
I´m kind of a Open Theme Standard man myself...
{:p

[LINK]
2 decades ago (25.02.2002 03:45)
Reply by: imtoomuch
Check to make sure all the paths are correct and make sure that you have all the modules the the theme uses.
2 decades ago (09.03.2002 01:32)
Reply by: Jafo
Hmmm....not back for weeks....methinks he is stuck in ´Lost Shell Land´...Wink