site logon warning

AzDude / 1 decade ago (01 June 2009 05:27)

When I click on this site using google chrome i get this warning :

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.skinbase.org

What is the current listing status for www.skinbase.org?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 531 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-05-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-05-31.
Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including google-analytae.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS3212 (TRIERA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.skinbase.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (13.06.2009 03:23)
Reply by: Cyndirandy
I use Firefox and have never received any warnings from any spyware, etc., software that I have on my computer. Any idea what happened?
1 decade ago (13.06.2009 05:10)
Reply by: sed
If youre not getting a warning --- DOES THAT MEAN it isnt there?? IT IS!! My virus protection blocks it everytime [its blocking SOMETHING!] Better run your cookie cleaner friends. Amazed
1 decade ago (13.06.2009 05:56)
Reply by: adni18
Come on sed, don´t make people worrying about nothing, there is no virus, just a false alarm!
1 decade ago (13.06.2009 08:33)
Reply by: kchristine
I use AVG and have had no warnings. I don´t think there is a virus either. AVG is known for false alarms. Booming love
1 decade ago (14.06.2009 12:54)
Reply by: etype2
Some browsers are better or worse in displaying the warning. I get the warning with Safari 4 for Windows. Can´t be sure if it´s bonafide, better to be safe then sorry and contact Google with the Admin tools to find the source. More then just one person seeing this.
1 decade ago (14.06.2009 01:06)
.... also think it depends on the virus protection used. No expert though.
1 decade ago (16.06.2009 09:44)
Reply by: thepatient1
I am currently running Google Chrome as my internet browser and no problems!!! so far.... Fun
1 decade ago (16.06.2009 03:32)
I test almost all the browsers with no Virus warning Marshal!

DON´T TRUST 100% YOUR ANTIVIRUS|OR OTHER SIMILAR PROGRAMS! They give very often FALSE ALARMS!
1 decade ago (21.06.2009 03:38)
The warning dropped off my computer starting June 15.

You are right Nikos, not always 100% accurate.

We buy/use virus software to protect our computers. It is up to each person to decide if the warnings are bonafide. Like I said above, better to be safe then sorry.

I have been at Skinbase for a long time, this is the first time I received a warning and since it coincided with others receiving it, was concerned. Glad that all is back to normal, Nikos.
Happy
1 decade ago (21.06.2009 06:53)
Everything is cool Marshall! Happy
1 2