Stuck in a rut

aberneth / 1 decade ago (07 December 2008 02:13)

Here are pictures of the last few sysmextrix skins that I've made:

http://www.skinbase.org/files/archive/zoom/515/2582.jpg
http://www.skinbase.org/files/archive/zoom/515/SUBZEROpreview.jpg
http://www.skinbase.org/files/archive/zoom/515/1-preview.jpg

They have a lot in common. Console type designs, white on black, partial transparency. Definitely a rut. What do you do when you're stuck in a rut?

Post replies:

1 decade ago (07.12.2008 01:22)
Reply by:
Hmmm.. What immediately comes to mind (though I only take photos, I do not create things on a PC) is to take a break and go back to it. Sometimes that will offer a fresh new approach and in doing so, possible new ideas...

Grin
1 decade ago (07.12.2008 03:06)
Reply by: mickeblue
Maybe you should try making a more solid looking skin for a change... metallic or something... and do a range of colours for wall integration.

( Like I can talk, I can´t get my head around anything graphical at the moment LOL )
1 decade ago (07.12.2008 05:09)
Reply by: sed
Drink lotza Brandy!! Grin
1 decade ago (07.12.2008 07:50)
Reply by: aberneth
Problem solved. My friend told me that he´d bite my right index finger off if I made another similar skin. Also, the brandy helped. LOL
1 decade ago (07.12.2008 09:15)
Reply by: etype2
I´d like to see you do minimal Rainlender and Rainmeter skins like your iGadget. No boarders,just digets and text. Happy clap
1 decade ago (07.12.2008 11:37)
Reply by: netwolf56
when I feel I have something down pat...it´s time to learn something new. Keep learning...keep adding to your knowledge, the sum is always way better than the parts.That´s the great thing about graphics, computers, software, applications, cameras & equipment, skinning, walls, etc etc....it´s endless in what you can learn!
My thoughts!
1 decade ago (10.12.2008 12:05)
Reply by: kchristine
Try chocolate. It cures what ails ya. Booming love
1 decade ago (11.12.2008 07:30)
Reply by: mickeblue
Sally has the right idea...

The medicinal use of cacao, or chocolate, both as a primary remedy and as a vehicle to deliver other medicines, originated in the New World and diffused to Europe in the mid 1500s. These practices originated among the Olmec, Maya and Mexica (Aztec). The word cacao is derived from Olmec and the subsequent Mayan languages (kakaw); the chocolate-related term cacahuatl is Nahuatl (Aztec language), derived from Olmec/Mayan etymology. Early colonial era documents included instructions for the medicinal use of cacao. The Badianus Codex (1552) noted the use of cacao flowers to treat fatigue, whereas the Florentine Codex (1590) offered a prescription of cacao beans, maize and the herb tlacoxochitl (Calliandra anomala) to alleviate fever and panting of breath and to treat the faint of heart. Subsequent 16th to early 20th century manuscripts produced in Europe and New Spain revealed >100 medicinal uses for cacao/chocolate. Three consistent roles can be identified: 1) to treat emaciated patients to gain weight; 2) to stimulate nervous systems of apathetic, exhausted or feeble patients; and 3) to improve digestion and elimination where cacao/chocolate countered the effects of stagnant or weak stomachs, stimulated kidneys and improved bowel function. Additional medical complaints treated with chocolate/cacao have included anemia, poor appetite, mental fatigue, poor breast milk production, consumption/tuberculosis, fever, gout, kidney stones, reduced longevity and poor sexual appetite/low virility. Chocolate paste was a medium used to administer drugs and to counter the taste of bitter pharmacological additives. In addition to cacao beans, preparations of cacao bark, oil (cacao butter), leaves and flowers have been used to treat burns, bowel dysfunction, cuts and skin irritations.

My favourite chocolate vendor is now available in the US LOL ~ [LINK] ~ trust me USians, this is the best chocolate you will EVER taste... I´ve been buying from these people for more than 5 years, and if there was a prize for chocoholics I´d win hands down.
1 decade ago (11.12.2008 11:59)
Reply by: kchristine
Checked the links out and now all I need is the money to pay for it. Booming love
1 decade ago (12.12.2008 03:46)
Reply by: etype2
I think your on to something here Mick. My Doctor prescribed 70+ cacao for my borderline high blood pressure. Booming love that link.

A cure for all that ales ya, plus "Jack" Grin clap
1 decade ago (17.01.2009 11:25)
Reply by: wary109