Aimp2

mickeblue / 1 decade ago (05 June 2008 03:59)

I might be preaching to the already converted here, but I recently discovered this neat little audio player that handles a lot more than just playback ~

Photobucket

* Audio formats supported:
MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC, MP+, AAC, AC3, OGG, FLAC, APE, WavPack, Speex, WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX

* Good functionality and friendly user interface

* 18-sliders equalizer and build-in sound effects
Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed

* 32-bit sound processing
for crystal clear sound
* Works with few playlists
Listern one, work with other

* Plug-Ins support
You can add new utils or extend already exists, and connect some winamp plugins: Input, Gen, DSP

* Autoshutdown manager

* Internet-Radio
Listern and Capture!

* Bookmarks and Queues

* Hotkeys
Customizable local and global hotkeys

* Multilingual interface

Multiuser mode support
Few users works unders one computer? It's no problem!

* Full Unicode support

* File search
File search by all opened playlists

* Small distributive size

* Audio Converter
Any supported audio file can be encoded to WAV, MP3, WMA or OGG format

* Audio Grabber
Audio CD Track can be encoded to WAV, MP3, WMA or OGG format

* Sound Recorder
Capture sound from any audio device in your system to mp3, ogg, wav or wma format

* Advanced Tag Editor
Edit ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis, WMA tags. Grouping rename, group editing and sort files by one of templates.

* Audio Library

I don't know whether it will replace Coolplayer on my desktop, and I haven't looked into skinning it yet, but the encoder and capture facilities are really useful! LOL

http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?action_skin_change=yes&skin_name=english

Post replies:

1 decade ago (06.06.2008 11:37)
Reply by: adni18
WinAmp is the best! Wink
1 decade ago (07.06.2008 09:22)
Reply by: mickeblue
LOL I knew someone was going to post that comment LOL Look at the size of the footprint though Nikos!
1 decade ago (07.06.2008 09:50)
Reply by: darjan
AIMP Classic 2 is an excellent freeware audio file player for Windows that’s easy to use and comes with a lot of functions,inclues all the features of conventional audio players like creating and managing playlists, built-in search and tag editing, among other less important functions.
Also has many functions you don’t usually find in other players, for instance you can set fade-in and fade-out effects for smooth transitions between songs and it supports the use of skins to completely modify the program’s graphic interface.
AIMP Classic 2 lets you convert different audio formats like WAV, SMA, MP3 and OGG, automatically standardises the volume of the files without altering the original song and lets you record sounds from external devices.
Congratulation Congratulation Congratulation
1 decade ago (07.06.2008 11:53)
I´m already a convert Comrade, so why not post a skin and let everyone see what we are talking about Happy Happy LOL
1 decade ago (08.06.2008 03:27)
Reply by: Travelian
It uses sonique visuals, instant winner in my book! clap

I may have a new fav player.
1 decade ago (08.06.2008 07:30)
Reply by: netwolf56
give the link again...its not working from where i sit...
1 decade ago (09.06.2008 09:06)
Yeah that´s weird, I just tried it and got a page saying ´hacking attempt´???

The front page is ~ [LINK] ~ but it´s in Russian so you´ll need to hit the EN button on the right hand side, when only half of it will be in Russian lol lol

I had a hard time trying to open up the player file, but fortunately some nice person over at WinMatrix pointed me to the Skinning Editor download, which for your delictation I have made available at ~ [LINK]

If only all apps had this little gem, but I warn anyone with the will to skin it... it has so many features and options that it takes a fair bit of skinning ( and it ain´t easy if you want to keep it all small ) LOL