Your work may be ripped at cell phone walls site

clwoods / 1 decade ago (06 March 2008 02:48)

I came across a site called Zedge that hosts wallpaper and wallpaper for cellphone download. There are thousands of members. Unfortunately, most of the work there is stolen. Stolen from me, stolen from you. Some is even stolen from the famous Anne Geddes and Vlad Studio to name a few.

When I confronted the person that stole my work she told me I don't have time to report all the stolen work because it is all stolen and I should just enjoy it. That blew my mind.

The person I am talking about is named martex and is from Bulgaria. Check it out Here

Unfortunately, I had to go through 253 pages of work she has posted and I venture to say it is all ripped. I recognized alot of it, but not who did them all. I have alerted those I knew the author to.

Zedge

Post replies:

1 decade ago (06.03.2008 03:53)
Reply by: mickeblue
I suppose it´s inevitable really... there is always some unscrupulous SOB! Angry
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 07:17)
Reply by: ExoRz
found something from me!! omg.. what a lame guy!!! Angry Angry Angry
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 07:34)
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
and u all remeber:
[LINK] my next best wallpaper
and my FIRST 3D :
[LINK]
my frog
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
and many more!!!!!!

evryone!!! REPORT YOUR Wallpapers!! thay WILL be deleted!!!

omg.. she get´s down!!!
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 07:39)
I reported This person!! Last time she rip of anyones work!!!

she have many reported wallpapers.. and she maybe removed!!!!
I wrote a Loooooog not so good engish.. but i got a email back. they are deleteing ALL ripped wallpapers!!
so please evryone...report.. they cant delete if you dont tell them!!
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 09:11)
Reply by: clwoods
I´m glad this is getting attention. Thanks! They have already removed 22 walls last I looked, but I am surprised they have not banned her. They have a copy of the letter she wrote me telling me that all the work there is stolen and that I wouldn´t have time to report it all. She said to "Enjoy it" What a maroon!!
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 09:15)
haha But i get a email now..
From their HOST!! im a great reporter!!
hehe
they are looking into the webiste for ripped works..
@ digitalBIN.org
@ skinbase.org
@ deviantart.com
and many more

I get D*** mad at those ppls who cant understand the copyright law.. but i have a tracking system so i know where my walls are hehe.. great to have!!
and also they are waring here, if she upload a ripped work agen, she get banned!!!

So EVRYONE Please Check the site, for your wallpapers!! we make here cry!!GrinGrin
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 09:17)
I also registe at this webiste.. and im searching after skinbase works and my work!! i will report!!
1 decade ago (06.03.2008 09:49)
Reply by: contractartist
Well I like the idea of my work being so much in favor that others spread mine around. All that matters is if I post my work for personal and free use, that it is inevitable that someone would want to share my work with someone else. I post for everyone to use free. And I know that if someone actually tried to pass my work off as thier own ...in the end when the time came for them to prove it with talent...everyone would know they are posers.
1 decade ago (07.03.2008 12:03)
Well evryone, she is gone!! thats good...i get sick of ppls like that!! evryone who rip ppls work goes down!!
like she !!

Jamiiieee, yeah you have a point but if thay are uploading our works and say that she did it.. thats lame.. but if she have a link to our websites, and name of the author,, thats okey.. but not like she did-. over 3000 works has been stolen!!!

CLwoods"!!!! She is deleted!!! now u can say to here.. ENJOY!!!!!!!
1 decade ago (07.03.2008 02:06)
Yes..she is gone. I am pleased Zedge did the right thing. Now for the rest of the rippers. I spotted several more last night that I reported. There are a lot more, but at least this smart mouthed one is gone. Thanks for all your help. Congratulation Happy
1 decade ago (07.03.2008 04:04)
Yeah thanks to my NOT so good behave email.. they chould look after this lame rippers!! GrinGrin
1 decade ago (07.03.2008 11:29)
Reply by:
This is a topic that will never go away. With the concept of sharing, there is the risk of theft. But what I do not get is what sense of accomplishment is realized when a work that does not belong to someone is submitted as such. What does it accomplish? Nothing.

One thing I will add is that a user that uploads many, many images or wallpapers at once should raise a red flag. I have witnessed this, and it turned out to be a ripper. I mean come on - uploading 15 wallpapers consecutively? It certainly warrants an investigation. There are warning signs for everything - and this is certainly one for the practice of ripping. Cheers my friends. Beer
1 decade ago (08.03.2008 03:39)
You are absolutely right Fred, and there should have been red flags raised with this particular person was uploading at least 10 a day and had 3045 total walls in her gallery. Everyone was a rip. Like you Fred, I have no idea what kind of satisfaction you could get from that kind of thing, but millions of people do. It is beyond me. Take care. Congratulation Booming love Happy
1 decade ago (10.03.2008 04:36)
Reply by: contractartist
Some people have a view that they are just shareing your works and spreading it around. There is more than one reason people do this. Try to understand that at their core, "they" think your works were "soo cool, they wish they had that talent"!
1 decade ago (10.03.2008 05:33)
Reply by: SlaveofBetrayal
If you find any of my work complain for me okay? ^_^

I have no problem as long as they give me credit! If they don´t then its on
1 2