adni18 / 1 decade ago (10 July 2007 06:49)

Please upload again your avatars/personal icons, some of them have been lost during the last server crash of Skinbase.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (16.07.2007 11:18)
Reply by:
Excuse my paranoia about firewalls... comes from being breached recently. I´m sure that they will get to the bottom of this. Good things come to those who wait. :-) Fun
1 decade ago (17.07.2007 05:15)
Reply by: Richard Mohler
I know this is probably a dumb question but what´s the difference between avatar and personal icon? Or is avatar just another name for personal icon? Happy
1 decade ago (18.07.2007 01:25)
Reply by:
I am going to explain myself one last time and then I´ll leave this one alone. I have fully complied with all that you have said. Over and over. I have re-sized my avatar to 50x50. I only have used the "personal icon" option as I stated above. You have an ability to change these avatars, and for some mysterious reason I do not. Nothing has changed on my PC since the time I was able to upload avatars here. So, I am at a total loss to explain this. I upload avatars with no issues at other sites.

Thanks for your help.

Running
1 decade ago (15.07.2007 10:31)
Reply by:
This is starting not to make sense to me any longer. I will not shut my firewall off, not even for a second. I upload work here with no problems. I always uploaded avatars with my firewall up... the difference was we were under the old SB. This new version is the culprit, pure and simple. I am throwing in the towel on this one. Its simply not worth my effort any longer. The main thing is that I can upload work and comment here. That is all I care about at this point. Thanks again. Happy
1 decade ago (17.07.2007 06:05)
Reply by: adni18
Fred you was updating the "personal picture" and not the "personal icon" (50x50).
The personal picture is displaying only in your personal site: [LINK]
where it is displaying fine... Wink
1 decade ago (15.07.2007 09:32)
Reply by: etype2
For Firefox users:Please go to Tools > Options > Web Features/Content (Or Similar) and under the section entitled ´Load Images´ click on the exceptions button and make sure none of our servers are blocked. In addition make sure only ´Load Images´ is checked and not the box "From the original website only". Also turn off your firewall temporally to see if this resolves the issue.
Happy
1 decade ago (15.07.2007 08:43)
...try clearing the cache by clicking on the submit button without adding a avatar file and refresh. Do this repeatedly, 5 or 6 times. Happy clap
1 decade ago (15.07.2007 08:47)
Sed,what did you do to get your avatar back up? It might help Fred. Happy clap
1 decade ago (15.07.2007 09:01)
Reply by:
I tried clearing the cache at least 40 times just now... and at each instance, there is an image there that simply will not load... it vanished after a split second each and every time! Refreshing the page, clicking "update"... it all lead to the same results. what you say?
1 decade ago (14.07.2007 12:09)
Reply by:
Good for you Sed... I thought to try IE, and still no luck - but now it seems there is a white box and a red "x" loaded for my avatar... that it... call me "x" man! LOL LOL
1 decade ago (14.07.2007 12:09)
Reply by:
Good for you Sed... I thought to try IE, and still no luck - but now it seems there is a white box and a red "x" loaded for my avatar... that it... call me "x" man! LOL LOL
1 decade ago (13.07.2007 10:23)
Reply by:
I have gone through all these steps. No luck. I´ll leave it be for a week and see again. Thanks Marshall for taking the time! Happy
1 decade ago (13.07.2007 10:59)
Reply by: sed
Well Im up again just no photo :p
1 decade ago (12.07.2007 04:23)
If you continue to have trouble uploading your avatar try this:

Click on the upload button without adding a file.
Go to the main page.
Hit the refresh button.
Now re-upload your avatar.
Go to the main page.
Hit the refresh button.
Re-upload your avatar a second time.
Go to the main page.
Hit the refresh button.
Still no avatar?...try this process one more time.
Still no avatar?...Then try renaming the file and re upload. Sometimes fooling the server with a new name will fix it. This has worked for me in the past.

Hope this helps.
Happy clap
1 decade ago (12.07.2007 12:02)
Reply by:
Hi Nikos. I re-sized to 50x50. When I upload, there is a brief time when an image tries to load then it vanishes. I´ll try again in a few days with another image. Thanks.
1 2 3 4