skins!

saintsalive05 / 1 decade ago (31 January 2007 05:24)

i am not a novice but neither am i a pc wiz.this site is chock full of things the average joe enjoys....such as backgrounds,skins....what we call cosmetic things....but to get them is not simplified for us normal beings....it needs to be simplified,as to how to download and open....once i d/l and opened ,it asked me what to open with?????well,that lost me.so of course i came back to look for a tool,such as yahoo plus had to open skins and apply them.i have yet to understand...i added this site to my favorites because like i said it has alot of things i would love....just not an easy way to aquire them.......and to you guys who work here,we average people seem like morons,but ,trust me,their are millions of us out in cyberland,who outnumber you.just keep in mind....most of us are technically challenged and need short,sweet,simple!
now that i got that off my shoulder i am heading back into this and search more....
your nesest member....saints

Post replies:

1 decade ago (31.01.2007 05:26)
Reply by: DjDomiNatorX
ok Grin Grin
1 decade ago (31.01.2007 05:41)
Reply by: contractartist
Well ask and you shall receive! just be very specifice ask to what it is you want a skin needs the aplication to which it was designed, some wallpapers are compressed, the most common tools used for compression are WIN ZIP, and WIN RAR, both can be googled for the download site. The download is free, and will meet your needs. Or you could get 7zip which is free too, only no naging popup asking you to buy it. If you are asking for a tutorial they are few and far between. Ask a member of skinbase to help you and stick to them like glue till you get adjusted. I had the help of TAXIFUNK and MOUNTAINHAWK to help me. Cool
1 decade ago (31.01.2007 06:09)
Reply by: MountainHawk
The process here is really simple. Each section is named. Windowblinds etc. Each skin has an application it needs installed on your computer before it will work. At the top of each page it will tell you which section you are in. This site works on initiative and reading headings. If you are in any doubt....ask via the chatboard. Help is never far away. Before you download the skin....instal the programme you need. Some programs are free,some shareware. MajorGeek.com carries most applications for skins here. Read up on these things before you download. Life is generally as difficult as we choose to make it. 6 years ago I knew nothing...today I know something because I looked for and sought the information.......that is how I moved from technically challenged to competent. We are a friendly bunch...a little weird but we do not eat earthlings! Congratulation Cool Wink
1 decade ago (31.01.2007 06:11)
The messageboard has numerous threads on skins and different things......go read those and you are guaranteed to find an answer to any question you may have. Congratulation Cool
1 decade ago (31.01.2007 11:15)
Reply by: saintsalive05
guarenteed...huh?
i must be missing something......maybe i should put my glasses on.....saints
1 decade ago (31.01.2007 11:50)
If you specify exactly what skin you are attempting to load then maybe you will get the help you require sooner! Congratulation Cool Wink
1 decade ago (01.02.2007 12:11)
AN IDEA CAN TURN TO DUST OR MAGIC,DEPENDING ON THE TALENT THAT RUBS AGAINST IT
1 decade ago (01.02.2007 12:18)
I HAVE DOWNLOADED 3 FILES...FUCHSIA....AND PINK..MESSENGER SKINS....I D/L TO DESKTOP THEM UNZIPPED...THEN CREATED A FOLDER IN YAHOO GRAPHICS FILE....NOT SURE ABOUT THE PASTING PROCEDURE,BUT I HAVE TRIED AND RETRIED AND PUT ONE IN THE SKINS FOLDER,MAKING A NEW FOLDER IN THERE...STILL NIL.....I HAVE GOOGLED...RESEARCHED AND REALLY BELEIVE THERE HAS GOT TO BE AN EASIER WAY TO ADD.....ARE YA THINKING I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT YA REALLY CAN DO WITHOUT MY MEMBERSHIP? .....SAINTS
1 decade ago (01.02.2007 01:34)
Happy by george at 6pm.i think i have it...finally!

saints
1 decade ago (01.02.2007 02:36)
Everyones membership is important including yours.... If you look at the help file within Yahoo messenger it should tewll you how to apply skins. Or the Yahoo messenger site will explain it. If it functions similarly to others you simply extract the file to its own folder then transfer that folder into the skin file of Yahoo messenger in your program files. Some applications do have an annoying way of getting them to work. Perseverance is the key or use a messenger program like Trillian which allows you to talk with people on all meessenger services such as MSN,YAHOO,ICQ and AIM. Yahoo mwssenger download site should have the information you seek. That is where those things can be found with other messengers. Check their forums out for using it too. I do hope that helps. Skinbase merely provides a platform without bias for the different applications that people use for skins to be downloaded. We are not responsible for how that process is achieved regards skinning the application. I DO however understand your problem.....some applications I do not bother with for the same reasons . They make skinning a frustrating exercise. lol lol lol Congratulation Cool Wink
1 decade ago (01.02.2007 04:04)
When I started using skins six years ago I probably was in worse predicaments than you. I kow I used to crash my computer at least four or five times a day. Congratulation Cool Wink
1 decade ago (02.02.2007 03:28)
I had to reinstall xp several times.
1 decade ago (02.02.2007 03:31)
But that was related to other stuff I was doing ... like hacking the ntoskern.exe and suplementing my own images for bookup that was before I found bootskin from stardock.
1 decade ago (07.02.2007 12:06)
Reply by: Captain America
in