Skinamp!

sunil4u / 1 decade ago (22 December 2006 12:12)

Download page:
http://www.saschahlusiak.de/index.php?lang=en

With this WinAMP skinning tool, U can create perfectly transparent backgrounds too! Congratulation

Post replies:

1 decade ago (24.12.2006 01:30)
Reply by: Snowman
Personal opinion:
"Pictureskins" made with generators like this, will in 99.99% cases turn out to be horrid and close to useless.
Please take the time to make the skins yourself - at least if you want a good looking skin.
Then you can actually sit back and say: I have created a skin!

In the, close to, 10 years I´ve been in the skinning-business I have yet to see a ´generated´ skin that I´d wanna use - for more than 1 second, and I know there are many out there that share my opinion.
1 decade ago (26.12.2006 04:42)
Reply by: sunil4u
Allow me to disagree with you, Snowman buddy, becoz u see, not all creative people are experts in coding/programming that is needed to build a skin by scratch. for exp.: i´m at my best when it comes to cartooning, illustrating, but i hardly know any programming stuff. software like sknamp are a boon for creative guys like me. :p
1 decade ago (26.12.2006 06:34)
Reply by: mickeblue
Sorry to disagree sunil... I don´t use Winamp ´cos as a user who originally had only 32 gigs I found it a bit bloated for my machine. However the last thing I want to see if I´m using a player is some guys sex symbol, ball team, or favourite aunt chopped up to meet the requirements of WinAmps skinning neccessities.

I was lucky to find my chosen player ( which with a number of plugs still rides at less than a megabyte if I keep aternative skins in another folder... my choice ), and it is easy to skin... however I agree with Snowman, if you want to skin the world... go ahead, but don´t unleash the worst of it on the rest of us.

Cool
1 decade ago (28.12.2006 01:23)
Reply by: adni18
You better listen to Snowman Wink
1 decade ago (28.12.2006 02:15)
No offence sunil4u, but that just shows how much you actually don´t know about skinning WinAmp Wink
Makeing skins for WinAmp only requires coding if your skin is for Modern WinAmp(3/5.X)skins.
Classic WinAmp(2.X) skins requires nada coding what so ever.

So there´s no excuse for "slacking" - just get ´cracking´ Wink

I´d be happy to provide the base-images required if anyone needs´em.
Sure, it takes longer and is harder, but hell... the result is way better.
1 decade ago (28.12.2006 12:37)
buddies, thnks 4 advice but u see, i´m 100% creative guy, n´ i really don´t wanna get into nitty-gritties of manual skin making like, buttons,cursors,viscolor,pledit,etc..etc... i do have SkinAtlas template with me but i don´t think i will get into manual skinning any sooner.... Grin
1 decade ago (29.12.2006 07:24)
Reply by: mickeblue
"thnks 4 advice but u see, i´m 100% creative guy, n´ i really don´t wanna get into nitty-gritties of manual skin!"

You lost me about there...
1 decade ago (30.12.2006 05:17)
tell u what, i found a way of making skinamp generated skins better, that is, open those bitmaps into photoshop and modify as u want! hopefully, my next skin will incorporate these techniques. mates, thanx 4 motivating me! Congratulation
1 decade ago (30.12.2006 10:17)
Reply by: MountainHawk
I agree with everyone above except you sunil4u. You state you are a 100% creative guy yet you opt for a skinning machine to do the work for you. If ,as you say, you are 100% creative you would be only too happy to get down with the manual creativity of skinning. I mainly make desktop walls and manually do the work in different applications......I don´t just sit and click buttons and take what gets generated. Start talking sense and maybe we will listen to you. You have taken it upon yourself to argue with three comparable and competent skinners above and succeeded with only getting egg on your face. Quit while you are ahead! Congratulation Cool Wink ...can you not see you are contradicting yourself?
1 decade ago (31.12.2006 12:33)
mhawk, u got me totally wrong. by 100% creative, i meant i´m a ´concept´ guy rather than ´technical´ guy. i create concepts, and software helps me turn my concept into reality. i dislike any work that is even remotely technical in nature.
no contradictions here!
1 decade ago (31.12.2006 12:39)
Reply by: MountainHawk
You certainly have all the answers....happy to leave you to it! Happy Congratulation
1 decade ago (31.12.2006 05:25)
Reply by: FuzzyLogic
You get out of something exactly what you put in...

Or to put it technically, effort is proportional to quality Wink
1 decade ago (31.12.2006 06:41)
Eggsaktlee Michael!
Spot on Wink
1 decade ago (01.01.2007 04:42)

Or to put it technically, effort is proportional to quality >

well...not always...in reality...let´s be pragmatic, not idealistic... Smile
1 decade ago (01.01.2007 07:40)
Reply by: FuzzyLogic
Hmmm, they look just like photo skins to me... OhWell