Google Earth

mickeblue / 1 decade ago (02 October 2006 06:24)

Bit of fun with some possible useful applications ~ Google Earth ~ http://earth.google.com/index.html

example... My Place ~ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/mickeblue/myplace.jpg

Post replies:

1 decade ago (02.10.2006 09:32)
Reply by:
That is some cool stuff, mickeblue!
1 decade ago (03.10.2006 01:28)
Reply by: PK
Did something like that a couple of weeks ago (when Google finally bought high resolution data for the Netherlands, now they need Norway so I can upgrade that one (Signdal) ;-)). Places I lived during the last three years:
[LINK] (pic is half the size of the original google screenshot)

:adminpk :adminpk :adminpk
1 decade ago (03.10.2006 12:56)
Reply by: mickeblue
Yeah PK, the one drawbacks is that if you have spent some time in the countryside you can´t get high res pictures of many of those places... but it´s kinda fun looking for them anyway lol
1 decade ago (03.10.2006 01:20)
True, though I wouldn´t call the whole of Norway countryside ;-). I´m pretty happy with the, fairly high, resolution of the UK (Wales), Greece (only Athens, but that´s all I needed) and Netherlands (just noticed that resolution varies between cities) though
1 decade ago (03.10.2006 06:25)
true, and it is weird... the resolution of where I live is awesome, yet it is a boring little place on the outskirts of London, I can only imagine that whoever set the satelite up had a bet on the Epsom Derby! lol
1 decade ago (03.10.2006 08:54)
You live in Epsom? That´s on the south side of London isn´t it? Along the m25 and near to Ashtead? (I once got totally lost there trying to find some tiny little dead end road with 3 houses on it)
1 decade ago (04.10.2006 12:32)
And well you might have PK... did you actually find where you were going then? lol
1 decade ago (04.10.2006 01:11)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
You need to download the additional 3d detail plugins for sketchup to see myplaces nicer. Hitch used to be their trick of using incompatible format of their own, kpt files I think. But meanwhile German European atlas 2007 by Falk that knows each house number etc. and also a forthcoming advanced explorer by purple hills in Germany already cooperate with Google Earth to make interactive options work nicer Cool

MEANWHILE skinbase should post its own shareable event calendar in the new GOOGLE CALENDAR system I guess, big brother never sleeps but its free. The day should have 70 hours.... Running
1 decade ago (04.10.2006 01:14)
Plugins Toby? Please point lol
1 decade ago (05.11.2011 05:35)
Reply by: sed
Amazing link