RIP Gallery

desirex / 1 decade ago (02 June 2006 03:45)

this guy has 0 of his own photos.
all of them belong to Webshots, Skins.BE and other sites.

he even went as far as stealing premium photos from Webshots.

this is what he published here:

http://www.skinbase.org/rate.php?skins=28980

here is the original:

http://www.webshots.com/g/33/618-sh/29955.html

----------------------------------------------
this is just the smallest example. i can find you lots of links but hope that he will make the right decision. he holds more than 4 other Webshots wallpapers which i hope will be removed by him rather than have Webshots charge him for god only knows what. they can do that esspecially when it's premium photos..
all other wallpapers including those from Skins.BE should be gone as well.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (04.06.2006 01:09)
Reply by:
Well, and again, I do not understand why people do this. The worst, I feel completely stupid, after giving !0 my comments about...works that were not from him. I agree with Auline, when she says that we should put a watermark or alikes on our works. I put always something on my images but bear in mind that this will not stop rippers , as they would cut the image or works in order to take away the watermark or any mark you put on the image.I am still astonished, believe me...!!! Sad
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 01:19)
Reply by: Rachel25
So am i..its soo lame to do such stuff....wonder what ppl wanna acheive by doin it?
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 02:01)
Reply by: nadgerry
I even did a variation of one of his "works", think I should get rid of it Sally??
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 06:00)
Reply by: desirex
I have recieved an e-mail from Webshots and copy of which was also e-mailed to him.
They are so nice, they let him 48 hours to "remove or disable links" or else they will forward the matter to their Copyright Agency.
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 06:25)
Reply by: Captain America
Everyone wants to be noticed and likeable, hopefully this will point him and others in the correct paths for notoriety. Much love and affection to all. Groovy man, dig it Photographer
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 06:28)
Reply by: kchristine
I thought about that Gerry and I don´t know. You asked permission to rework something. He gave you permission but it wasn´t his. Anybody got an answer?
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 06:37)
Reply by: Srg01
Thanks very much for your action and informations Desirex, I guess it is the time we will let to him to clean his gallery before doing it by ourselves.
Gerry, I suppose you should remove a variation of a rip, even if you were honest, you could be blame by the author. And your gallery don´t need that Wink
About the why, I´m like everybody here : I don´t understand but there is so many on the web, I find another on saturday at Basehead who don´t bother to remove the adress of the sites where he dowload his rips. The worst is that when I write to a ripper, he don´t understand and said that I´m a poor guy who take pleasure to annoy people...
1 decade ago (04.06.2006 07:19)
Reply by: kchristine
I´ve already cleaned his gallery. And Gerry I am so sorry about this and all the work you did on that photo. I think this must be the season for rips. They are really hitting hard right now. Booming love
1 decade ago (12.06.2006 11:54)
Reply by: Captain America
[LINK] This is a big rip. Alot of this gallery if not all are ripped photos. Give it a check outSnowing Congratulation
1 decade ago (13.06.2006 02:49)
Reply by: MountainHawk
It needs prudence when dealing with rips. The general rule of thumb is any copyright image used by someone either on its own or incorporated in a design is not permissible and is breach of copyright. If an image of such is used then it must be with the permission of the original artist or photographer or creator. Acknowledgement of that artists work must be made when displaying said work or it misleads people to percieve the work is your own. Providing all the above is met then you are home and free. No problem. In my experience the most prolific offenders are those in the current fad of anime. Great discussion and debate was held at deviantART over the matter and due to the arrogance and ignorance of anime artists on that site and their refusal to comply with copyright law they found themselves without a section. Some people think copyright law is there to prevent them from creating. It is there to protect the originating artists work. Artists put a good deal of time and effort into their work and are generally incensed when, for want of a better term, a freeloader comes along and uses their art to pad their own ego or pocket riding on the talent of someone else. Most artists find the behaviour abhorrent, intolerable and downright insulting. As I say though, great care needs to be taken when accusing people of being rip artists. Sometimes you immediately think it is one way when in fact it is something completely different. Congratulation Cool Wink
1 2