Different way to skin windows

ghman / 1 decade ago (06 April 2006 06:56)

For quite some time I have used an application called BarChanger to skin windows. If you look at some of my posts to skinbase, you will see a window in the screenshot showing a window being skinned by a BarChanger texture. I was introduced to this app by a forum thread I happened to read at virtualplastic. Here is the link http://www.virtualplastic.net/msgboard/thread.php?forum=4&thread=13
This link will lead you to a Japanese site but you should be able to figure out how to download and install BarChanger. Once up and running on your machine, everything is, of course, written in Japanese. Try things out and jot down or remember what does what and you should be OK. I have become pretty familiar with this app and can offer some guidance if needed. I really like BarChanger as I have for years used alternate shells and didn't need to skin EVERYTHING like windowblinds tries to do. One thing that impresses me about BarChanger is its simplicity and skinning prowess. It will even skin the Command (DOS to us older folks) window when it appears. THAT impresses me!...Give it a try. I think you could be pleasantly surprised. Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (06.04.2006 08:19)
Reply by: krstatzar
I will try it that is for sure lol
1 decade ago (06.04.2006 08:11)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
Sounds cool with anims and stuff. More power to you!
1 decade ago (06.04.2006 09:24)
Reply by: Butch123
I will try it Thanks Happy
1 decade ago (11.04.2006 05:33)
Reply by: AM.FX
I will try Too Wink