Trojans on the site

teloiv / 1 decade ago (18 May 2005 09:59)

Sad whenever i went to download a skin that was a .swx(i think .. not about to download one to find out as they´re infected) , it had 5-6 different trojans. not sure if it was known or not, but i felt i should post this ..

as well as installing the trojans, it installed several spyware, and a download bar that automatically installed more spyware..

oh.. the .zip files appear to be safe to download though .. havent opened them, as im afraid that they have the spyware and trojans as well.

Post replies:

1 decade ago (23.04.2006 07:38)
Reply by: jebro
I have a good program called "siteadvisor."

It says: "Skinbase.org - When we tested this site we found links to celebstation.org, which we found breaches browser security on our test PC."

See the result here:

[LINK]
1 decade ago (26.04.2006 04:15)
Reply by: TAXIFUNK
Tx, Morten. I only had attacks or attempts before or when logging in, then its better. Must admit for speed reasons I dont always set everything to top safety. Works faster for me to delete cookies I got to know by heart every once and a while, hard to avoid completely on free sites the sponsoring thing.

[LINK]

also touched this topic a bit. Tx animus for detailed info. Nice to see you around again. Hope we can get some popUNDERS instead of overs while we are still free in the near future if possible.

All ZIP files or SKIN files can be scanned pretty darn well with my spyware and virus scanners in the right settings (scan all file types and levels, even compressed, but in THAT directory for the download BEFORE opening). Inside those I didnt find anything yet. Downloading logged out DOES call up more popups, though. And my IE6 and firefox then have their own counteroptions. Popups and ads on free sites - sure (or sidebars, which we dont even have much of now, luckily). But too aggressive side effects - thats where things can backfire in long term thinking.

Perfect free sites seem a bit imaginary though regarding these things - and REGISTERING FREE does give LESS spam here, not more!
1 2