news.rss file error

yuri / 1 decade ago (19 September 2004 06:08)

For some reason, the news.rss file isn´t getting updated, even though i have set the permissions and everything. Anyone know the way to solve this problem?

Post replies:

1 decade ago (10.01.2005 01:18)
Reply by: Visi
Same problem. Any body help me?
1 decade ago (10.01.2005 03:55)
Reply by: Peter_Vazed
Just do not know if this will solve the problem, but browsing this forum i found this:
1/
After few minutes try to figure out what´s wrong with RSS I found error in function.php, function MakeRSS. This IF statement is wrong:

if(!$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w" && file_exists($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]")
the`has to be ´

and
2/
FUNCTIONS
wrong with RSS I found error in function.php, function MakeRSS. This IF statement is wrong:

if(!$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w" && file_exists($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]")
if(!$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w") && file_exists($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]"))
this is OK

:car
1 decade ago (26.01.2005 04:45)
Reply by: Johnny_Vegas
stupid smilies. they ruin the code.

;

Wink
1 decade ago (26.01.2005 06:24)
Reply by: Peter_Vazed
In the code
the`has to be ´
The wrong keyboard button has be used: the one at the left up to the TAB button
there you have ~ and ` this is the wrong one.
It has to be the one next to the big enter button where you have " and ´
this ´ is correct.

:car
1 decade ago (26.01.2005 06:40)
Reply by: Johnny_Vegas
Peter, the code in my functions.php file seems to be correct. Maybe they fixed that mistake in a newer version? In any case, I don´t have a ` in my code but the news.rss file is still not being updated. Not sure why.
1 decade ago (27.01.2005 05:27)
Reply by: polaris
You just need to comment/delete this IF statement mention above. Also don´t forget to comment/delete open and close brackets for that IF statement - { and }

Regards.
1 decade ago (27.01.2005 05:29)
Reply by: polaris
and put something like this in new line

$fps = fopen($GLOBALS[´rss_path´]."/$arn[filename]","w");

Regards

P.S. Maybe this code will be mixed up because those damn emoticons!