Do you like Vista?

etype2 / 1 decade ago (26 April 2008 06:36)

What are your impressions of Vista? How is the system working/not working for you?

Is Vista better then XP? Why or why not?

What do you think of the Apple operating system? Your experiences?

Windows 7 is comming... Happy clap clap clap

Post replies:

1 decade ago (30.04.2008 08:10)
Reply by: PearlDrop
Yes, it´s true what adni18 said, there were lots of complains, but later it got better, now I have 2 PC, a lapper in Vista which I preferred and desktop in XP..I love it that I can use both Happy
1 decade ago (01.05.2008 02:35)
Reply by: Butch123
I as well agree with what Nikos said. Visa is not perfect but it is a nice improvement. I have no problems with it whatsoever... Happy
1 decade ago (03.05.2008 05:02)
Reply by: etype2
Thank you guys,for your comments. Very interesting. Happy clap clap clap
1 decade ago (09.05.2008 01:42)
Reply by: Travelian
Been using Vista with mixed results.

I had windows xp and used the Vista upgrade (although I knew i shouldn´t but I didn´t want to bother with a clean install and the upgrade was cheaper).

When I went to upgrade that machine to Vista SP 1 my computer was no longer bootable. It just hung on the vista load screen stuck. Tried to use the restore partition but upgrading to vista made that non functional.

I´m using a new computer now and vista came pre-installed and I´m having a better experience with that. Windows update still hasn´t installed the new service pack and I´m afraid to use the stand-alone installer after my last experience.

As for the OS itself its actually pretty good except 2 nerve racking things. COPYING FILES IS SLOW AS HELL!!!! And UNZIPING FILES TAKES FOREVER.

Other than that I actually like Aero, I like the sidebar, I like the transparency, flip3d, and DirectX 10. The new start menu is much more intuitive, the indexed searching is pretty good, and It does seem more stable than XP was. Also setting up networks and diagnosing issues is very streamlined and intuitive.

This is the OS that Microsoft almost did right. The good is very good, but I don´t know what idiot in Redmond thought releasing a product that is slower at copying files and unzipping (very basic and often used functions) than its predecessor was acceptable. AND FOR SOME REASON THEY STILL HAVEN´T FIXED THAT ISSUE. And this is my second pc running vista and this problem is prevalent in both.
1 decade ago (09.05.2008 03:02)
Reply by: etype2
Thanks Travelian. Insightful comment. Happy clap
1 2