Interview with tsims533
1. Would you tell us some info about yourself?
(Real name, where you live, profession etc)
First of all Skinbase I'd like to say the biggest thank you ever, because I never thought in a million years that anyone would want to know anything about ME! Makes me feel like I did something right, no matter how small it was.
My real name is Toni. I'll be 35 on November 12. I'm a stay-at-home mom. Some of my hobbies are making fractals, doing desktop screen shots, and collecting music. I've been with my husband for 14 years (married for 4) and because of a fluke by a secretary, I got married on my birthday! Ladies, I don't have to tell you what that means. BTW, I have 9 children, including 2 sets of twins and my oldest son just went to the Army back in June.
2. How did you first get started creating for internet? Do you remember your first upload? What year was that? Can you tell us about it? And where can we see it?
I've been creating fractals a little over a year now. My first piece! OMG! I did this piece in GIMP. I called it "I Dunno" because I didn't know what it was. I tried uploading it to Wincustomize, but of course it got rejected (they still reject a lot of my stuff though). Well I uploaded it to Skinbase. I laughed when it got it's first download, because it was really bad! LOL!
3. Who would you like to mention as influence or inspiration in your skinning experience?
That's easy. I saw this piece by an artist named DigitalSmear (Poseidon). I was floored! I'd never seen art like his before. I decided then I wanted to try and create something of my own. He's really amazing!
4. How much time do you spend daily on your creations and in skinning community?
It depends I guess. Most of the time I work on a piece for a couple of days. If after all that time I don't like it, I won't upload it. The longest I've spent on a piece is a week I think.
5. We all have certain programs we like the most. What would you consider your favorite?
Apophysis. My favorite version is the 2.06c 3D Hack. I also use PSP 9 and PhotoFiltre Studio.
6. What makes you the happiest?
My family, although I have to admit when someone is actually interested in anything that I do, as far as my art is concerned, I get stoked!
7. Who is your favorite graphics artist?
I knew y'all would ask me this. Dang! OK. I have a LOT of favorites, but I will name a few of the ones that if they stop making stuff I'd cry, for real.
First off, I don't know what program he uses, but Richard Mohler ROCKS!!!!! Po' Smedly, Bebop, shortgreenpigg, SKoriginals, Butch123, Messiah1, Firebrick, sed, Bandit4edu, Pinchecl, Aroche, clwoods, Nighttrain, J.J. Ying, D.Arnaez, Skinhit, and adni18. That's just the small list though.
8. Do you want to say something in this interview, which is not included in the above questions?
I LOVE what I do. Creating fractals has been very therapeutic for me. 98% of the fractals I make are created while I'm in pain. I have a LOT of headaches because of a congenital birth defect. It's one of the things I get to do in my life alone, but I get to share it with the whole world.
Thank you Toni.
Posted by: adni18