Interview with sed
1. Would you tell us some info about yourself?
(Real name, where you live, profession etc)
My real name is William. EVERYONE calls me Sed. Years now! Been doing art since diapers. Finger paint you know! I own a professional fund raising company for American Veterans and have worked with crippled and autistic children. My singing career took me as far as WEA records in the 80’s. (and cost me 2 wives).
2. How did you first get started creating for internet? Do you remember your first upload? What year was that? Can you tell us about it? And where can we see it?
I read about skins for your windows in 1999 and bought my first Windowblinds from Stardock thus introducing me to Wincustomize. My first wall was called The Eye after I purchased my first Bryce. (3, I believe) It may still be on Wincustomize, not sure.
3. Who would you like to mention as influence or inspiration in your skinning experience?
At WinCustomize I met Grimspoon and later Nikos (adni18). Scarebear took a liking to my works and helped too. Grim helped with STERN gentle criticisms both in the comments sections and E-Mails. He sometimes LET GO on me in the E-Mails. Maybe I should give out some hell once in a while!
4. How much time do you spend daily on your creations and in skinning community?
I can spend a couple days rendering over and over till I get an idea just right. Then sometimes it just flows right out of me. It’s those times I don’t stop for anything. Zap 2 hours!
5. We all have certain programs we like the most. What would you consider your favorite?
I love this fractal Chaoscope best so far. So much can be done with it when you really sit and learn it. Bryce can take weeks for a perfect landscape or a day for an abstract but that combined with Chaos is still something I want to put together, that one will be tough, when I find time.
6. How about your computer system? Can you describe your configuration?
Old school now. Gateway 450 w/ Windows XP, Photoshop 7, Bryce 5.5, (2) optiquest V95 monitors, Elmers Glue, Duct tape!
7. Do you have a personal web site? Can you give us the address?
Definitely don’t want to go that route. I had a Belize travel site up in 2000 and it took too much of my time. Wanna buy some Habenero peppers? I’ll guide you in Belize. Other than that, no.
8. Do you want to say something in this interview, which is not included in the above questions?
Been having a lot of fun building friendships all over the world. Couldn’t have happened without the skinning community. I love … Ya-All!
Thank you sed.
Posted by: jazzilady