Newsworthy?

CutTheRedWire / 2 decades ago (18 February 2003 12:25)

Recently the LiteStep indi build had an update. I was wondering if you guys would consider that news worthy or not? How about up dates to plugins? I´m tryin to get back on top of these things and I find they often aren´t reported to the skinning community. Is it just that no one is reporting it, or do you feel it just really doesn´t belong here?

Post replies:

2 decades ago (18.02.2003 01:29)
Reply by: Snowman
Unless it´s daily-ish updates/news they are indeed welcome!

And yes you´re currect about the lack of announcements on LS build/LS plugin updates, they tend to stay within the "LS ring" of users and sites only.
Promoting skinnable apps should be done on a more widely basis, if you catch my drift.

So Red, bring´em on! Happy
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 02:44)
Reply by: BruB
I will accept most of the news you submit here Red. I´m happy to say I have this news post power (because it is a power) on two sites. Skinbase and Modzine. So you are welcome to post all you want. 90% of it will be accepted
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 03:31)
Reply by: CutTheRedWire
Cool. Let me go post some news.

Personally, as a user, I would like to have seen this done for some time. LiteStep is my most used skinnable app, so naturally I want to keep it up to daye. Plus, most OTS themes/skins for it say "latest Indi Build Required" but you never heard about Indi Builds. Was all rather fustrating to me, so I thought perhaps others might be int he same boat.

I´m going to try and combine a few things in one article. Like this time I instructions for newbies on how to update. Next time maybe I´ll have some module up dates too, or if I did just modules I would have like three or so in one article. Perhaps throw in some none skinnable but related software info.

As for getting news posted, I´m not worried. I submit to so many sites that somebody will approve it, and if not, I can take rejection. 8) Some constructive critizism would be nice though. My usual sites are:
VelocityArt (naturally:P)
Skinbase
artuproar
deskmod
deviantart
custo
virtualplastic
modzine
skinnables

and I think that´s about it. I need to start including tek too. I might start submiting skinnable news to shell sites too. Try to connect the community a bit.

Thanks for the input and the post approving guys. 8)
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 06:29)
Reply by: Scarebear
Basically here we will post anything that is skinning related. That´s what we´re about Wink But LS is definately news worthy anyhow Happy

The only reason LS news isn´t posted here currently is because nobody told us what was new Wink We have to rely on what we are told by developers, skinners and fellow baseheads.

And I know personally that this admin does not know everything Grin
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 08:29)
Hopefully this will start a trend, and ppl will start to submit LS news. In the mean time, I´ll just have to keep an eye out, and share what I see with everyone.

Btw, with the links in a news article, how should I put them? Html code, striaght links, or something else?
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 08:37)
just put in straight links Red, at least untill a hopefull fix to this "tiny" problem is done Happy
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 09:02)
Cool. Will do. :boo

Let us all know when the "tiny" problem is fixed up. :P
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 12:48)
Reply by: Jafo
Shellfront is/should be a daily or weekly stopping place for anyone into shells...Wink
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 05:03)
Reply by: craeonics
ShellScape and JoeBlade as well. Plus Desktopian on a weekly schedule.

As for red, yes, you should start including Tek as well. /me goes dig up baseball bat to do some news postage enforcing
2 decades ago (18.02.2003 10:20)
I just remebered why I leave tek out: I forgot my p/w to it. lol:
2 decades ago (19.02.2003 10:12)
Hmm, that means I should be digging through the dbase to find it then.
2 decades ago (19.02.2003 07:58)
Oh, this is interesting. You didn´t loose your password, you just don´t have an account! *gasp*
2 decades ago (19.02.2003 09:36)
no Tek account?!

...... ok tar and feather time folks }:| }:|
2 decades ago (19.02.2003 11:31)
You had to go and delete me because I kept calling it Indi-LiteStep, didn´t you? :evil
2 decades ago (20.02.2003 01:46)
Reply by: plastic
Blizzle fills the gaps shellfront/desktopian/joeblade/fpn leave atm ?
1 2