´Register Globals´ Off not supported?

mehli2002 / 1 decade ago (19 September 2005 08:04)

Hi all,

I´m having serious problems installing phpnewsmanager. I tried to install it, but the install.php wouldn´t work. Every time i entered my database information, everything was reset on submit. I searched this forum and discovered that this appears if php´s ´register globals´ variable is set to off, which is the default setting today.

I also saw in the change log, that this issue should have been resolved in phpnewsmanager 1.3, but the newest code doesn´t contain any parts concerning this issue.

I edited the install.php manually and at least got it installed after tediously altering the scripts variables. But then i saw that the rest of the script had the same problems.

Polaris wrote in another thread that this has all been done already using some ´hacks´.

What has to be done?

Where can I find the correct source files?

Thanks,

Jo

Post replies:

1 decade ago (20.09.2005 09:10)
Reply by: Gregor
I´ve fixed this and the fix you can get on this url [LINK]

just copy and paste over existing install.php

Letme know if it will works
1 decade ago (20.09.2005 09:46)
Reply by: mehli2002
Well, as i wrote above, i changed the install.php myself and installed it, so that is not the actual problem. But thanks for that link. I´ll use it next time!

What about the other files? they don´t seem to comply with the register globals setting either. I tried to log in after installation and the script just threw another empty login field back at me. I guess, that the whole script needs changing.. or am i wrong here?

Jo
1 decade ago (24.09.2005 05:32)
Reply by: polaris
I think NewsManager should work with Register Globals set to OFF...

Which version of PHP you have? Are you sure that installation process gone well? Did you check that tables were created on mySQL?

Regards.
1 decade ago (27.09.2005 12:50)
Well, after i fixed the install.php the installation process did finish and create all tables as far as i can see it.
What I noticed is though i downloaded the newest package, the version at the bottom of the news index page says 1.45.
Thats why i guessed that there was a version mixup somewhere and therefore all the problems.

I have PHP version 4.3.9.

Thanks
1 decade ago (27.09.2005 03:28)
Well, after i fixed the install.php the installation process did finish and create all tables as far as i can see it.
What I noticed is though i downloaded the newest package, the version at the bottom of the news index page says 1.45.
Thats why i guessed that there was a version mixup somewhere and therefore all the problems.

I have PHP version 4.3.9.

Thanks
1 decade ago (12.10.2005 09:06)
Reply by: polaris
No, it says 1.45 because gRAVE just didn´t change version number to 1.47. ah. Smile
1 decade ago (15.08.2010 09:23)
Reply by:
welcome to ::[ [ == [LINK] ==]
(b..r..a..n..d.)s.h.o.e.s.(34u.s.d),,

==J. a .m .e )) shoes

< j o r d a n> (1-24) shoes

< j o r d a n> 2010 shoes

c.l.o.t.h.i.n.g,,j.e.a.n,,h.a.n.d.b.a.g(35u.s.d),,

==c .o. a .c .h )) handbag

(f.r.e.e)s.h.i.p.p.i.n.g

[ [ == [LINK] == ]