Ebay theft???

adni18 / 1 decade ago (02 March 2009 11:41)

I was informed from D Man about this.
He spotted some works from on there being sold probably without permission
so here is the link:

http://stores.ebay.de/kunst-projekt

There are a lot of pages to go through but worth doing it.

Let us know if you find any rip Happy

Post replies:

1 decade ago (03.03.2009 12:06)
Reply by: Sommerwind
Thank you, D Man and Nikos!
I put a notice in the forum of the german fotocommunity......think I spotted one or two on the first pages already, but I´m not sure.

Thanks very much, D Man! Congratulation Booming love
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 12:42)
Reply by: D Man
No problem I found out about this on my deviantart account and thought it was worth passing along after going through all the pages and seeing quite a few that I have seen on here and on da. Wee should spread the word if anybody should make money on them it should be the artist not a company of thieves you know what I mean.
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 01:31)
What I don´t get is that every single image is declared to be made by one and the same artist.
That so called artist did nothing more than collect images from wallpaper sites and other similar communities.
Could well be that the seller isn´t even aware of what he´s doing.
Gee, what about ringing the seller up tomorrow and ask him for all the 2870 licences that legitimate him to use all those images and sell them. LOL LOL LOL

Too serious to laugh about it if I think about it. Sad
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 02:26)
He is even selling prints of the illuminated Eiffel Tower in Paris. The illumination is copyrighted by Pierre Bideau and every public or commercial use has to be permitted by the SATE. Once you get the permission you have to mark your image "Copyright Tour Eiffel - Illuminations Pierre Bideau".
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 03:01)
Reply by: adni18
Only one author! hmm this proves that something wrong it is happening there! OhWell
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 04:13)
Isn´t that the truth. There was even some that you can just Google like the zippo water wall a bunch of the girls walls came from deviantart I have tracked some of them down and informed them but with 3995 pages to go through whewwwwwwwww you know and things that make you go hmm. So what is really going on. Therefore the more people we tell the better it is if ebay gets enough emails surely they will do something. I have contacted the us ebay haven´t got a reply yet. I need to translate the sight into english.
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 05:11)
I found out that quite a few of the images from that Ebay shop had been uploaded here: [LINK]
Does anybody know that site?

A quote taken from the FAQ:
"Social Wallpapering is an attempt to create the greatest high-resolution wallpaper resource on the planet." Quote end.

And a good resource for thieves who want to make money with other peoples artworks. OhWell
1 decade ago (03.03.2009 10:33)
Reply by:
Here we go again. If you do not want your work stolen, you should not post it on the web. This is why many have stopped sharing (names I shall leave out)

1 decade ago (04.03.2009 04:02)
I don´t know that site. Quite interesting.
1 decade ago (04.03.2009 02:15)
Hello Fred,
I have had my bad times about this issue, as you may remember.
And it is true what you said, if you don´t want your works stolen, you should not upload it to the net.
But I have changed my mind about this insofar, that creating art is only satisfactory for me when other people can enjoy it as well. Watching people downloading my stuff because they like it so much is pure pleasure for me.
But the fun definitely stops when somebody is trying to make money with it. This is meant in general, I am not affected in this particular issue.
Happy
1 decade ago (04.03.2009 02:22)
Hi D Man,
most of the fractals on offer in the Ebay shop are from this site: [LINK]
Some of the site owners images (and parameters etc.) are declared as public domain, some or most of them are not though. Bit confusing....

If I can be of help translating, please let me know and I´ll try my best!
1 decade ago (05.03.2009 03:06)
Reply by:
Dearest Antje... was not sure that was indeed you and I am most HAPPY that you have re-joined us here!

Happy Happy Happy
1 decade ago (06.03.2009 07:48)
How very kind of you to say that, Fred! Thank you for making my day! Happy Booming love Booming love
1 decade ago (07.03.2009 06:41)
Reply by:
You are very welcome. Happy Happy
1 decade ago (08.03.2009 01:00)
Reply by: killua
Hey ! SkinBase Members .... We Here Show All The World What We Can Do ... AND we SHOULD say to Thieves Stolen My Work But You Can´t Stolen My Mind ! champagne
1 2