LieStep NEWS

grimspoon / 2 decades ago (05 January 2002 10:15)

Heya, some of us on skinbase have taken up a challenge of promoting LS among base heads. So over the coming months expect a lot of annoying stuff to be going on around here.. lotsa ´shell talk´ and junk.

Oki, anyhow, I´m back to theming LS, YAY!

8)

Firstly, the Golden Shell Awards 2001

Best Shell Developer: jugg

Best Supporting Developer: BlkHawk and galois

Best Innovation: OTS

Best Promise: Blackbox for Windows

Best Website: LS2K

Best Shell: LiteStep

Best LiteStep Module: MZScript

Best Vapors Left From a Shell: Juice

Best Thorn in the Side: Bandwidth

http://desktopian.org/awards/

There you go.. notice the best module?

MZScript.. I think scripting is the future of shells, ofcourse. Wink

get yours from http://modulo.litestep.net/download.php?id=565

BTW, there have been rumours about new LS mod that will skin your application windows. Me want one of those!

Post replies:

2 decades ago (06.02.2002 01:07)
Reply by: grimspoon
/me bites the whole stick off in one bite while releasing the groan from hell that makes crae pee in his pants/

... you can poke anywhere but ´there´ crae! :evil

BTW, new LS theme (that my grandmother is going to install to prove that anyone can do it) is coming along quite well. I have just aquired a multiple installer that will hopefully install the default theme and shell switcher (reboot) and then install the new theme without any further customization needed to use it just like you do your current Windows desktop. There is also expanded and advance edit modes but more on that later.
Interesting part is that there will be a reference map overlay for instant navigation help and edit tutorial for the beginners as overlaying BMP´s. So there is no need to chace up any tutorials on the NET.
All this is being done to help the newbies and also to save me extra work with theme support after release.. and of course, I don´t have to do any more HTML work. The whole LiteStep resource package will be included with this theme release and user will have a choice what configuration they would like to install. Phew.. now the concept is finished, lets see if we can make it work.
2 decades ago (06.02.2002 01:25)
´and user will have a choice what configuration they would like to install´

simply means, if they already have LS installed along with their preffered shell switcher.. then they just choose to install the new theme. If this works, I don´t see a reason why other Open Theme Standard steppers wouldn´t distribute their themes the same way. Just a thought.
2 decades ago (06.02.2002 01:35)
Reply by: Elwin
Excellent concept, Jerry.

On a side, but related note: Now that Litestep.net is down, it´s important to remind themers out there that Skinbase is "Litestep freindly"...

2 decades ago (06.02.2002 10:16)
Reply by: craeonics
Sounds good.
2 decades ago (09.02.2002 03:52)
thanks Crae

Phew, so many LiteStep resource sites down, oki.. I´ve decided to keep a small journal of my current LS projects on my Bkaro page [LINK] .. Hmm, this has just re-inforced the need for some kinda user friendly LS resource page for skinbase. We need a good and free shell program with strong user support out there.
2 decades ago (09.02.2002 03:55)
I´m suffering from excessive ´doting´ 8)

Try this link... [LINK]
2 decades ago (09.02.2002 04:42)
Reply by: Koasati
I´m starting to get interested in LS again............ your ideas sound great Jerry Wink
1 2